host proxy enabled

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
zzz

host proxy enabled

Post by zzz »

Hello and thanks in advance for any replies.

Have installed the lastest myth 2 on mine and my son's computers, Trying to Re-live the glory days of twenty 20 years ago.

Can't get online gaming to work as It says something about:

Your host does not appear to be joinable – host proxy enabled

Playing on a Mac...Not sure what to do...No Firewall is active

Cheers
Jon God

Re: host proxy enabled

Post by Jon God »

When it says this, it means you are firewalled. Due to how GateOfStorms works, it will host the game for you, so your game will be joinable even with a firewall.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
zzz

Post by zzz »

Jon God wrote:When it says this, it means you are firewalled. Due to how GateOfStorms works, it will host the game for you, so your game will be joinable even with a firewall.
thanks for replying... i can't seem to join the game from my son's mac, nor vice versa..
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

That's very strange. What does it say? Is there an error message? Are you hosting on GateOfStorms? You're updated to 1.8.2, right?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
zzz

Post by zzz »

Jon God wrote:That's very strange. What does it say? Is there an error message? Are you hosting on GateOfStorms? You're updated to 1.8.2, right?
Hello again, Sorry for the very late reply. I have been too busy this week to check on here.

This is the message that I get when I try to host.

And it's yes to both your questions:It's the latest version, and hosting on gate of storms
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 13.45.13.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 13.45.13.png (42.03 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
zzz

Post by zzz »

It's okay now.Have reinstalled a couple of times on both machines. It's okay now. Thanks for your interest.
Blademan

Post by Blademan »

I'm having the same issue on Mac. Is this a concern? Or just let it run on GateOfStorms?