A desire for the back story of The Seventh God

Talk about anything here.
CharlieOscar2

A desire for the back story of The Seventh God

Post by CharlieOscar2 »

Howdy folks,

I'm a long time player of Myth and Myth II. Grew up with them and play them even still today.
I'm a writer by trade and it occurred to me that the story that Creation Games developed for The Seventh God is arguably better than what Bungie came up with for Myth 2.
Years ago, I saw some mention on a deep dark forum long forgotten that the guys and gals of Creation had written something down that explained the connection between the TSG storyline and the Myth Storyline.
For my own nefarious purposes, I desire this explanation.
To show my hand, I've played around with a storyline of my own, revisting the two stories and tying them together.
My dark fantasy was to write a plot and script for a new 'TSG' quality conversion that serves as a sequel to TSG, Myth 2, and Chimera, tying in many of the great tag set and, stories told by the many talented folks here and past.
Granted it's probably a pipe dream, but it would be nice to finally know how the two stories interwove with each other.

Anyway, a great thanks to the folks at Project Magma for keeping the fires burning. Game technology may keep advancing but nothing can ever beat the first time your dwarf painted the landscape with a group of thrall.

--
CO2
DarthRevan555

Re: A desire for the back story of The Seventh God

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Fan theory or whatever..

Judging from the map perhaps TSG land can be the 'unknown' east of myth land?

That's all i got on how they can possibly connect.

TSG Plot itself made little sense.. then again it may have something to do with me not playing the story-mode all the way because I could never really bear to hear that narrator read the text.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
CharlieOscar2

Post by CharlieOscar2 »

I will grant, the voice acting wasn't the best, but the story was really impressive and well-crafted. A little more nuanced and emotional at times then Myth 2, which in my older years seemed to have just been going through the motions.

But yes, Darth, my thought is as well that the TSG world is further east then the Myth one. But how far? How do the human kingdoms in TSG match up with Myth? As I recall, there are references to the dwarves in TSG being spider worshippers, which if you look hard enough there was a great debate back in the day that the smiths of muirthenme worshipped spiders and all that. As I recall, there even was a mention that the trolls in TSG travel west and arrive as trow in Myth.

What I hope to find, though, is the document or reference material that ties the two together. Supposedly it existed at one point. Hopefully it still does.

I sort of figure that if I can craft a story worth a damn, perhaps I can tempt some of you talented scripters, map makers, and other dark sorcerers into developing another really good conversion. If not? Oh well, but it would be fun, no?
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Ah well writing myth stories is always fun because of how much lore there is.

I feel like I'm one of few who accept Myth 3 canon. I only really called BS on the leveler part.. which was only mentioned in like one line of dialogue..

I myself wrote a treatment for another prequel generically called Myth 4 The Wind Age hehehe

as for conversions I don't think theres enough active devs to get it done in a timely manner.

It's always fun to make single maps though ;)
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

would be is this map? it is south ... :?

CharlieOscar2

Post by CharlieOscar2 »

No, but I really dig it! Where did that come from???
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

That was part of an unfinished Gizmo project, iirc. I don't know the context, you'd have to ask him.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
CharlieOscar2

Post by CharlieOscar2 »

It's a beautiful map and done wonderfully in context. Really is a shame, I take a lot of pride in my ability to tell stories, though I have to admit, I suspect Darth is right in that there is not enough devs around anymore willing and/or able to work on a big conversion.
Don't ask me why, but my creative juices have a tendency to randomly latch on to something, like my own fiction or, in this case, the myth story.
Perhaps, if I can finish it, I may post a snippet here and there.

Would there be interest?
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

CharlieOscar2 wrote:It's a beautiful map and done wonderfully in context. Really is a shame, I take a lot of pride in my ability to tell stories, though I have to admit, I suspect Darth is right in that there is not enough devs around anymore willing and/or able to work on a big conversion.
Don't ask me why, but my creative juices have a tendency to randomly latch on to something, like my own fiction or, in this case, the myth story.
Perhaps, if I can finish it, I may post a snippet here and there.

Would there be interest?
Charlie,

I have interest in reading your story. but the boss here is Melekor. perhaps he does not object. provided that it not has implications with "copyright" of others. no problem. :wink: we are even in need of novelties. :mrgreen:
CharlieOscar2

Post by CharlieOscar2 »

Totally understand, and admittedly there is concern there, regarding copyright. I do not wish to claim credit for ideas, but rather pay homage and do the justice.

I like others are a guest, and will adhere to whatever the rules are.

On a completely different note, it would appear the tain is down. This causes great sadness. :(
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

CharlieOscar2 wrote:Totally understand, and admittedly there is concern there, regarding copyright. I do not wish to claim credit for ideas, but rather pay homage and do the justice.

On a completely different note, it would appear the tain is down. This causes great sadness. :(
Hey, feel free to share any kind of stories on here! There's even a short novel based on Myth by A-Red on the tain.(Which is down at the moment, waiting for Melekor to get back in and restart it)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Jon God wrote:
CharlieOscar2 wrote:Totally understand, and admittedly there is concern there, regarding copyright. I do not wish to claim credit for ideas, but rather pay homage and do the justice.

Hey, feel free to share any kind of stories on here! There's even a short novel based on Myth by A-Red on the tain.(Which is down at the moment, waiting for Melekor to get back in and restart it)
Yeah !, I meant it. :D :) :wink: :mrgreen:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Jon God wrote:
CharlieOscar2 wrote:... There's even a short novel based on Myth by A-Red on the tain.
Where specifically?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

tnx. for some reason that doesn't show up when I search "A-Red" in the search bar, I can only see it when I go to another A-Red submission and click on his name.