Unit Trade in single-player/co-op

Talk about anything here.
Buck Mild

Unit Trade in single-player/co-op

Post by Buck Mild »

I would absolutely LOVE this feature. Especially for co-op. If we have a hero map for example and if each player could choose one hero of their choosing.

example: 3 players start a co-op game. 6 hero units to choose from, all costing the same points. Each player has a different unit trade tab and select their unit of choice, after 15 seconds the game starts with chosen heroes and the game proceeds.

Technically you could do a "co-op" map on a multiplayer map maybe? Scripted multiplayer map? But I think it would be a nice feature in single player? for 1.9 maybe?

Thoughts?
Jon God

Re: Unit Trade in single-player/co-op

Post by Jon God »

I requested this as a mapmaking feature a while back, it'd be cool.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
ryancarlo0105

Post by ryancarlo0105 »

Its quite interesting . I'll be rooting for this :)
capital

Post by capital »

I got distracted before posting here.

This feature can be implemented presently using projectile -> unit promotions and inventories.

Alternatively, like RoTD, you can taunt away in scripting.

Good Luck at the Bridge
Point

Post by Point »

myth warrior (mechs) and the original epic civil war by phex I both believe had scripting that allowed players to select a unit set say artillery or cavalry etc.. A base script could be made I bet to do exactly what you want in your maps.... Jon Gods zombie maps also allow you to select what type of unit you want to be after the game starts which is another way....

as for heroes etc... Look for upcoming betas of the ART of MYTH tagset since many hero units are included...

if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

That feature would have saved me hours adding projectiles/map actions in Quarantine :(