Unity 3D as Myth engine?

Talk about anything here.
Buck Mild

Unity 3D as Myth engine?

Post by Buck Mild »

I'm learning to use the Unity game development engine right now and was wondering if anyone thought of using it as a new Myth engine of some kind? To make a updated version from scratch or whatever. Seems pretty accessible and the UI has me reminiscing over Fear & Loathing from way back when.

Just trying to open up some discussion!
paladin MAIK

Re: Unity 3D as Myth engine?

Post by paladin MAIK »

Can be done, just need to find who did.
MAIK :mrgreen:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Buck Mild wrote:I'm learning to use the Unity game development engine right now and was wondering if anyone thought of using it as a new Myth engine of some kind? To make a updated version from scratch or whatever. Seems pretty accessible and the UI has me reminiscing over Fear & Loathing from way back when.

Just trying to open up some discussion!
Iron wanted to see it happen at one point. IIRC, there is some free source code to a Unity RTS that could be looked at for ideas, if you feel like it.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Recently I was looking for different designers and engines for games. Buck Mild what you are using Unity? 30 day trial?

And I wanted to say that there are free engines even very good. I wanted to give an example, and this site does not open. :cry:
It's just that some engines require knowledge of programming languages​​, and this complicates the job ...
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

I found the Unity 4.1 and probably it you meant. If you do Myth on Unity, it seems to me is to try to make or action, such as the War of the Roses, or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
I certainly do want too much, because I have such a nature, :mrgreen: or so it is certainly a myth to leave as he was - RTS.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Unity is one of the better engines, but the magic in Myth is in the physics and gameplay, which would necessarily need to be custom (you don't "outsource the fun"). So yes if you were looking for a graphics engine for something Myth-like, Unity is definitely one of the better choices, but the graphics in Myth are typically not a huge chunk of the work, even if they were to be updated.
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

punkUser wrote:Unity is one of the better engines, but the magic in Myth is in the physics and gameplay, which would necessarily need to be custom (you don't "outsource the fun"). So yes if you were looking for a graphics engine for something Myth-like, Unity is definitely one of the better choices, but the graphics in Myth are typically not a huge chunk of the work, even if they were to be updated.
Well, let's not think about the bad. :wink:
paladin MAIK

Post by paladin MAIK »

Found another engine that is much easier than Unity, allows you to create games of different genres (including RTS), it seems to me it is no worse than Unity. It is called NeoAxis Engine. It's free, can not be used for commercial purposes!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

It looks interesting, but the free version looks like it has a whole lot of limitations.