The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Talk about anything here.
juliocpaes

The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello Dudes,

I was searching the internet something extra about "Myth" and I found this, someone knows something more about this book or its author?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Myth-Handbook ... 096728970X

Julio
GodzFire

Re: The Myth II Handbook - anyone read it?

Post by GodzFire »

The author, Charles Holt, was one of the members of the Myth Clan Vorracious Rabbits, who made the popular plugin VR Pool Party.

Essentially it's just a strategy guide for M2 and goes over the various aspects of the game, and editing using Fear/Loathing. Nothing in the way of lore.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

juliocpaes wrote:I was searching the internet something extra about "Myth" and I found this, someone knows something more about this book or its author?
The author contacted me a few years ago to ask if I was interested in purchasing the last of his private stock of this book. You can probably see where this is going. In my defense, I did get a really good price, and I talked him into autographing them all. I should still have a few lying around. Hmmm.... just checked that Amazon link, if someone is getting >$60 for a used copy, I could be RICH! Rich I say!
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:
juliocpaes wrote:I was searching the internet something extra about "Myth" and I found this, someone knows something more about this book or its author?
The author contacted me a few years ago to ask if I was interested in purchasing the last of his private stock of this book. You can probably see where this is going. In my defense, I did get a really good price, and I talked him into autographing them all. I should still have a few lying around. Hmmm.... just checked that Amazon link, if someone is getting >$60 for a used copy, I could be RICH! Rich I say!
Vinyl,

how so? "- ... I Talked him into autographing Them All." you is co-author of "Myth handbook". ? :o
best explains details.

Julio
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

No. I had nothing to with the The Myth 2 Handbook.

The Author (Charles/Deathwhore) asked me if I would like to buy his "last" small box of books. He offered me what I thought was a good price so I agreed on the condition that he autograph them.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Vinyl,

Oh, now, I understood, ok fixed. :wink:
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Vinylrake,

the image in Amazon site shows a hardcover book, and a nameplate, with a hinge, and says it has 280 pages.
Asking : You read the book? is interesting for a Myther.?
in the future, I think, this book will be an important piece for the History of Myth, if I could buy an autographed book. still is possible to contact the author, Charles? :D

Julio
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

juliocpaes wrote:Asking : You read the book? is interesting for a Myther.?
Julio
Again, essentially it's just a strategy guide for M2 and goes over the various aspects of the game, and editing using Fear/Loathing. Nothing in the way of lore is talked about.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:
Julio
Again, essentially it's just a strategy guide for M2 and goes over the various aspects of the game, and editing using Fear/Loathing. Nothing in the way of lore is talked about.
Godz,

Oh ok I understood. :lol:

I would like to acquire this autographed book, Vinyl achieves this by for me?

Julio
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

It looks like a hardcover book, but that is an illusion - it is a paperbook. A very nice paperbook with lots of illustrations, and the author is very entertaining, he has a good sense of humor, but not a hardcover.

Also. as Godz mentions, the book probably doesn't have any information you can't find online for free so if you are looking for rare Myth information this probably isn't a good deal for you. As I said, it's an entertaining read, bu it's really only of interest to someone who wants it for it's collectibility or historical 'value' (not monetary value).
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:It looks like a hardcover book, but that is an illusion - it is a paperbook. A very nice paperbook with lots of illustrations, and the author is very entertaining, he has a good sense of humor, but not a hardcover.

Also. as Godz mentions, the book probably doesn't have any information you can't find online for free so if you are looking for rare Myth information this probably isn't a good deal for you. As I said, it's an entertaining read, bu it's really only of interest to someone who wants it for it's collectibility or historical 'value' (not monetary value).
Vinylrake // Godz,

Yes, historical 'value' and for it's collectibility. :wink:
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

GodzFire wrote:
Julio
I have this book, and it actually does have Lore, Bungie lore that is. ;op
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GHOST® wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Julio
Hi Mr.GHOST,

you have a screenshot of one any page?

Julio
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

juliocpaes wrote:
GHOST® wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Julio
Hi Mr.GHOST,

you have a screenshot of one any page?

Julio
no, not any screenshots, but ill try to scan a few pages and post them here within the week. ;o)
(have to hook up scanner and locate my Handbook)
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Ghost,

Ok, we'll wait
soon, I will buy this book from a friend of the forum Tain.
but before would like to see one or a few pages. if you post them here, I thank you.

Julio