Hey JonGod

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Hey JonGod

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I would like to be named in a deadfall unit please. No preference, unless all the names are universal. Wouldn't mind being a dirigible either LOL.

Oh, and I noticed a few changes in b21 that I'm trying out now. I noticed the shotgun medic shoots a 3 round burst, but it seems to be less powerful than its original 2 round burst. Did you change the power of the gun or is it the same?
Jon God

Re: Hey JonGod

Post by Jon God »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I would like to be named in a deadfall unit please. No preference, unless all the names are universal. Wouldn't mind being a dirigible either LOL.

Oh, and I noticed a few changes in b21 that I'm trying out now. I noticed the shotgun medic shoots a 3 round burst, but it seems to be less powerful than its original 2 round burst. Did you change the power of the gun or is it the same?
A single shot does less than a single shot in the 2 shot burst, but all three shots together do more than the two shot burst. Makes him a little better, and a little more interesting to use, I'd wager.

As for a unit named after you, I only added a few names since I started, a few homages, and 2 others for people that helped me a large amount on Deadfall. If you want to help me test, I could add your name into a unit's name, maybe, I need to work on DF again first, :)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

JG, you should ask for a lot of money for naming rights, I hear Krok is loaded.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I'll take 50% if he does that
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I'LL HAVE TO ASK MY MOM TO INCREASE MY ALLOWANCE MONEY BEFORE WE START TALKING ABOUT $$$$$$$

But yes, I'm playing around with b21 now. I downloaded all 202mb of b22 and it failed to extract the files. There is also a "quarantine deadfall b21" tagset that has a bunch of invisible units and stuff...unless it isn't finished or something. Are you trying to create a balance between all the units where each unit is capable of killing zombies at the same rate? If so, I'd advise against that. Some units like Tekk are absolute badass when killing zombies that clump into tight herds, but other units like shotgun medic or sniper are better in some situations. I do think the sniper is a bit underpowered, and the manual reloading action will probably prevent people from choosing it more often, so I do like the route you took to make him cloaked, and give him an automatic reloading mana where his special is to snipe.

Just let me know what your intentions are and what you are looking for and I can start testing.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:JG, you should ask for a lot of money for naming rights, I hear Krok is loaded.
Any money I would get, I would give to Magma's hosting fees.

/just letting everyone know, I am not accepting donations.

Also, krok, try this link for the latest DF:

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20b22.zip
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Jon God wrote:
vinylrake wrote:JG, you should ask for a lot of money for naming rights, I hear Krok is loaded.
Any money I would get, I would give to Magma's hosting fees.

/just letting everyone know, I am not accepting donations.

Also, krok, try this link for the latest DF:

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20b22.zip
That's same file I downloaded before. "No files to extract" is the error message I get, and nothing else can be found in the folder. The compressed folder is invalid.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Sometimes web browsers get disconnected. Check the file size of the file you downloaded and see if it is 201.82 MB. Also what extracting program are you using? If you are on Windows I am guessing you use whatever Windows has built in or maybe something else you installed like WinRAR or 7zip?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Using winzip or w/e the default extraction thing is. Nah, comes up 202 mb.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I've had downloads that ended up bigger than the file is supposed to be. It is as if something went wrong and lost its place and was redownloading a section it already had and adding it to the end of the file.

I downloaded that file, when I right click on it and select Properties, its "Size" is 211,623,943 bytes. See if that is the same for you. You could also try downloading that same extracting program again (but an updated one if it has been updated) and reinstall it. Sometimes when someone uses a newer program to ZIP things, the user that wants to extract it will need to user a newer program as well. Can you even double click on the zip file?