Myth II Green Berets 1.1 Problem

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Aardman55

Myth II Green Berets 1.1 Problem

Post by Aardman55 »

So i recently buyed green berets 2, it said FREE Myth II inside so i buyed it but there was no myth ii inside, so i was pissed and just download Myth II, but that myth had an other installer it was somehow a rar installer, so i installed.
Now, always when i enter the 3 green berets plugins to active, and i wanna start the training mission, it just takes 1 second to load, and then it swaps back to the main menu. also, the gui is false, rather it just does itself over and over again and it also in the main menu not includes the green berets main menu.
I tried all, all the patches, downgrading, upgrading, changing screen modes (if windowed and opengl direct x or 3d and software and changing the compatibility and the run as administrator.
nothing works.
PLEASE HELP :(

Thanks
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Myth II Green Berets 1.1 Problem

Post by Melekor »

I believe the original green berets was a 'patch plugin', meaning that it replaced Patch 1.3 in your plugins folder. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here) So installing it would involve copying patch 1.3 from the green berets CD to your plugins folder. Did you do this?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Sorry for the hold up, Topic Creator.

I've been doing the Myth 1.7+ port of Green Berets, and it's somewhat close to done, I will see what I can do to finish it, so people can play it again.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Regarding the copy of Myth II, I believe Green Berets was supposed to ship with two CDs, one just being a regular Myth II CD and the other the Green Berets CD. Did your copy only have one (Green Berets) CD?
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

Well, mine only had 1 cd.
I will make a photo of both cd and cover
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

Melekor wrote:So installing it would involve copying patch 1.3 from the green berets CD to your plugins folder. Did you do this?
Did it and it wont work :(
ozone

Post by ozone »

Also take a snap of your myth folders contents as well as your plugin and tags folders contents please.
do it.
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

ozone wrote:Also take a snap of your myth folders contents as well as your plugin and tags folders contents please.
here are the pictures (i used imageshack to do it much faster)
http://imageshack.us/g/813/image201109090001.jpg/
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Uhhh... Ozone was talking about the file structure inside your computer.... not your physical disks. We don't want photos, we want a screen capture of the contents in 1) your main Myth 2 directory, 2) your tags folder, and 3) your plugin's folder.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

You are missing most of the patch plugins. If you wish to run v1.3 of Myth2 you need "Patch 1.2" in your plugins folder. Which should come with any copy of Myth2 that is version 1.2 or 1.3.

If you wish to play the latest Myth2 v1.7.2, download the update at the Tain and run it (make sure the address it tries to update is same as where Myth2 is located). It will give you Patch 1.2 and the others needed for 1.7.2. This however will override the "Patch 1.3" file used by GreenBerets, but at least you will be able to play Myth2. You could always grab the modified Patch 1.3 plugin from the GB disk if needed/wanted.
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

Graydon wrote:Uhhh... Ozone was talking about the file structure inside your computer.... not your physical disks. We don't want photos, we want a screen capture of the contents in 1) your main Myth 2 directory, 2) your tags folder, and 3) your plugin's folder.
I do made pics of it there the last 3.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Whoops, sorry, my mistake, I only peaked at the thumbnail previews and thought they were all photos.

Review Pyro's response, he's got the answer to your problem I think.
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

I think i made it work now it loads perfectly i got the main menu etc.
Aardman55

Post by Aardman55 »

Graydon wrote:Whoops, sorry, my mistake, I only peaked at the thumbnail previews and thought they were all photos.

Review Pyro's response, he's got the answer to your problem I think.
Yes its right it works only problem is when starting a level it just minimizes myth and closes it ill try compatibility or without admin.

EDIT Couldnt fix it.
Last edited by Aardman55 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Before doing that, go find your "myth_log" text file (located inside your Myth II folder) and copy/paste the contents into a post in here. There should not be any need to mess with compatibility mode if you are using the latest version of Myth2.