Ever hear of a myth-related app "Fireworks"?

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Ever hear of a myth-related app "Fireworks"?

Post by vinylrake »

from deep in the closet of obscurity...

i was cleaning up some map readmes in the mythgraveyard and noticed this in the list of applications used to create the 'Oloruin' M2 map: (emphasis mine)
Created using Bungie's Fear & Loathing, Amber, Tag Extractor, Photoshop, Graphic Converter, and Fireworks by Jason Beach (Stinger)
Anyone ever hear of such an app? I can't tell from the context whether it's a Myth app(let) or some kind of gfx app/filter.
Dargain

Re: Ever hear of a myth-related app "Fireworks"?

Post by Dargain »

The only app I know of is http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Fireworks/1 ... index.html
So maybe it was used for the html-docs?

Cheers
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

thanks for the reply dargain, i thought of fireworks but was thinking it was program to create animated graphics - and i couldn't think how it could have been used in mapmaking - but i could be wrong.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Fireworks in theory could be used to create a graphic image for a colourmap.... say if you had Fireworks and not PS, you could probably somehow make do. I'm almost certain he meant Macromedia Fireworks though. (Adobe now of course, but at the time I think it was Macromedia)
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

I haven't played the map so I'm not familiar with its graphics, but I think I remember an old Mac app called Fireworks that literally made firework graphics. Are there fireworks in the map?