lagging out of mariusnet lobby etc

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
king paris

lagging out of mariusnet lobby etc

Post by king paris »

ive been lagging out of the lobby consistently, this gets annoying when you're in mid conversation waiting for the person you're speaking with to reply when really you've already lagged out. is there any way to increase my refresh rate or prevent these constant lag outs from happening?

golden_god wrote:
MNA_Om wrote:Haven't heard of this occurring so don't have any suggestions.

Server lagouts would be network traffic related, do you know if there is any other traffic on your home network when this occurs? (if you have more than one computer sharing a DSL/Cable any high bandwidth use by one can effect the network connection of anyone else on the network) Any family members watching Netflix / videos or other streaming (video/audio) or large downloads going on when this happens?

When it does happen, do you have to log off the server and back in? Or does Myth2 crash eventually? How often does it occur?
none of the issues in paragraph 1 are relevant to the situation
i have to change rooms, and change back to the room with people in it (i can also log out/log in, but then it says i'm still logged in for another 30 seconds or so).
M2 doesn't crash eventaully.
Happens as often as I'm in the lobby for more than 2 minutes or alt tab, but doesn't always happen (i'd say 80% of the time tho).
Only started happening since 1.7.1.
any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated
hey :D
capital

Re: lagging out of mariusnet lobby etc

Post by capital »

I encountered this issue when coding myth chat, it appears to be internet related, the client does not natively gracefully handle an interruption in internet service. Essentially mnet sends out a heart beat and your client responds, if this doesn't happen due to internet issues then you get dropped. The myth client could be coded to handle this exception transparent to the user and auto reestablish a connection to the server, which is what myth chat does.

gug luck at the bridge.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you post your mythlog?
king paris

Post by king paris »

ill post my current myth log and i've had to change rooms about 3-4 times already this morning!

2011-07-12 13:26:08
Myth II Build 374 running under Modern Windows 5.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Quadro NVS 160M/PCI/SSE2 | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 2.1
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
INFO: set process affinity mask to 0x00000003
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
hey :D
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you try unchecking "Use Multi-Core" and see if that makes any difference? (Please post back here with the results.)