How is the multiplayer in your patch? - about the playmyth

Talk about anything here.
Neecap

Post by Neecap »

Is your patch like the flips patch, in the way that one has to have an ISP email, and can only play on Playmyth.net?
Because im on a network thats not mine, and i cant affor an isp email...
Blades ~FF~

Post by Blades ~FF~ »

This has nothing to do with FlyingFlip's patch but has to do with the policies of the PlayMyth.net service.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

they're concerned about rank cheats. Maybe they'll let you have an account that lets you play only in the non-ranked rooms.

Edited By Eddaweaver on 1101527982
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Its so lame :( . They claim its for "multiple account processing" protection. :p
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Archer

Post by Archer »

Meh, I have no problem with it. Free email is unprofessional anyway.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Neecap

Post by Neecap »

But can i play over gamespy arcade with the magma patch or is it bound to playmyth.net like the flip patch?
-The only things you got now is jack and shit. The bad news is that jack just left town.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

To be frank, Gamespy was horrible, Playmyth.net is a huge improvement over it. If you really hate Playmyth.net then you can play over TCP/IP.

Mariusnet also supports Myth 3 btw, I'm not sure how you go about connecting to it from Myth 3, someone else might be able to fill in the details there, or you can visit the site, though I doubt many Myth 3 players are to be found there, it's hard enough to find them without arranging it on Playmyth.net.

You would be much better off investing in a paid for e-mail service, or if you have a friend with a web-host then you can get an e-mail address from them. There are also a lot of services on the internet which offer premium membership and include an e-mail account along with it, so if you visit forums a lot and they offer premium accounts with such a feature then you might consider that.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Neecap

Post by Neecap »

So an ISP email isnt required to get Playmyth.net to work, but to make it impossible for me to cheat and or have second accounts?
-The only things you got now is jack and shit. The bad news is that jack just left town.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Personally, I think the policy is wack. However, is it really that hard to get an ISP e mail? :rock:
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

I must disagree, Archer. I currently have only a single free e-mail account, yet I am professional; few people are able to slack like I do, and I take my business very seriously.
Archer

Post by Archer »

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
CIK

Post by CIK »

All the current TFL/M2/M3 patches play on any Bungie metaserver. The public ones are Mariusnet and Playmyth. The source code is available to setup your own if your interested. So I wouldn't say Playmyth is a part of any of the patches. As for Gamespy, they just suck and no patch beyond 1.0.1(made by MumboJumbo) supports Gamespy. Also I understand that once the initial contract runs out Gamespy will pull Myth3 support, so Gamespy is just a dead end.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Neecap... I'd head on over to www.playmyth.net and get the email for the accounts folks over there. You dont _really_ need an ISP email to play on PM.net.. just make sure you've cleared your free email with PM.net staff. They wont reject players because they use hotmail or yahoo.. that's discriminatory. As long as they know your IP is linked to _that_ email, and you dont try to f00k around with em and try to jip them out of a 2nd optional account, with a seperate free email, you'll be fine. But you WILL be required to clear it with someone of authority... the automatic account creator doesnt read hotmail etc. Basically why they ask for an ISP email is that those are unique.. ISP usually only give you one or two emails per subscription.. means only 1 or 2 players per household :)

All clear? :)