Site Admin

Myth II 1.7.2 Final

Post by Melekor »

Myth II 1.7.2 Final is now available!

Info & Download:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2_172/

Full List of changes in 1.7.2:
http://projectmagma.net/downloads/myth2 ... _1.7.2.pdf

Any comments or feedback about 1.7.2 are welcome in this thread. Bug reports are also welcome, any issues reported will be looked at for the next version, Myth II 1.8.

Special thanks to all those who participated in our public betas, your feedback was essential to catching and correcting a number of issues.

Happy Mything!
Khadrelt

Re: Myth II 1.7.2 Final

Post by Khadrelt »

Is it just me, or does clicking on the 1.7.2 link on the top of that page take you to the 1.7.1 page? Is it supposed to?
The cake is a lie.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Khadrelt wrote:Is it just me, or does clicking on the 1.7.2 link on the top of that page take you to the 1.7.1 page? Is it supposed to?
Fixed.
omer666

Post by omer666 »

As far as I can tell, this patch is just perfect.
Fullscreen now works under Wine without any registry key trick, and performances are incredible.

You released the patch I've been waiting for ever since I switched from Apple to Linux. Great job, congratulations. :D
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

bug:
Something I see that looks like a bug, after I follow the link to download a map (for red hosts) it resets all my host game settings, I guess to whatever the red host had set. So I think following the download link should not reset game host settings. I'm on MacOS 10.5.8

suggestions:
I'd like the team health display (capslock) to not have the blue border (option?), maybe just the health bar and/or adjust transparency. The blue seems to stand out and is somewhat distracting. Maybe even set it so the capslock has 2 states, health bar and blue border, or just health bar.

A crazy host option would be "join game in progress" so a player can join after the game started, and the captains in game see a list of "recruits" and can pick one out (or maybe just autobalanced) Uhh this is pretty silly but Im just tired of waiting 10 - 14 mins for the team game to end that just started but I missed joining because I blinked my eyes. On the other hand I remember about OOS problems in the past and I figure this would mess with that?

For Mac can you make it so Myth ignores the Finder hot corners (like show desktop etc)

Maybe redo the interface for higher resolutions (1280x800 etc)

How about a counter display in the pregame that shows the number of people in the game so if you know you're starting with an even or odd number of players, without having to count.

Microphone support (ok maybe not)

if I come up with any more wacky ideas I'll post them unless someone tells me to stop, eheheh
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

MindBrain wrote: Something I see that looks like a bug, after I follow the link to download a map (for red hosts) it resets all my host game settings, I guess to whatever the red host had set. So I think following the download link should not reset game host settings. I'm on MacOS 10.5.8
It has always been like that when you try to join a game in-progress, for example. Over the years, some people have argued it is a feature in disguise, if you want to copy the settings of the game you tried to join. But given that it keeps coming up with new people reporting it, I think it might make sense to finally just fix it. (Note, it has nothing to do with whether you click the arrow to go to the Tain to download the map, or not.)
MindBrain wrote: I'd like the team health display (capslock) to not have the blue border (option?), maybe just the health bar and/or adjust transparency. The blue seems to stand out and is somewhat distracting. Maybe even set it so the capslock has 2 states, health bar and blue border, or just health bar.
I think there might be a setting for this - in the control preferences. I don't remember exactly the options it has, but I believe it might have the behaviour you suggest as an option.
MindBrain wrote: A crazy host option would be "join game in progress" so a player can join after the game started, and the captains in game see a list of "recruits" and can pick one out (or maybe just autobalanced) Uhh this is pretty silly but Im just tired of waiting 10 - 14 mins for the team game to end that just started but I missed joining because I blinked my eyes. On the other hand I remember about OOS problems in the past and I figure this would mess with that?
This is a feature we've long wanted to add - especially for coops where it doesn't present the difficulty of choosing teams etc. But it would take a lot of work to make this work, so no idea if we'll ever do it.
MindBrain wrote: For Mac can you make it so Myth ignores the Finder hot corners (like show desktop etc)
I'm not sure there is API we can use to do that, short of taking full control of the screen (which we don't do for a number of reasons...).
MindBrain wrote: How about a counter display in the pregame that shows the number of people in the game so if you know you're starting with an even or odd number of players, without having to count.
You can use the .count command for this.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

.count?

that's a real function? way cool, i never knew that.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

There's some others too. Type .help to see a list. (In pre-game lobby.)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

yeah i've read the .help command output (more than once since i can never remember syntax of anything), i must have just missed that one. now i have to go re-read to see what ELSE i've been missing all these years.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That one and a few others got added to Myth back in the 1.6.0 update.
New .commands to be used from game lobby: .version (your game version), .count (how many players in-game), and .host (who is hosting game).
Then a few more got added back in the 1.7.0 update.
Added new game lobby commands: .help, .plugins, .info and .userid.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i completely misread these and thought they were lobby commands instead of in-game pre-game commands. doh.
MindBrain

Post by MindBrain »

Cool thanks Myrd, and thanks to Project Magma for the upkeep on Myth. 1.7.2 runs great, I love the optimizations done, Myth 2 is one of the few 3d games I can run that doesn't over stress my MacovenBook.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

wow!!!!!! MYTH IN 2560X RES!!!!!
freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

carlinho wrote:wow!!!!!! MYTH IN 2560X RES!!!!!
Charlienhos,

what is Myth ins 2560xRes ?! :shock:
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

juliocpaes wrote:
carlinho wrote:wow!!!!!! MYTH IN 2560X RES!!!!!
Charlienhos,

what is Myth ins 2560xRes ?! :shock:
The newly released version 1.7.2 update of Myth2 now allows for monitor resolutions of up to 2560x natively.