Tools

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
juliocpaes

Tools

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello my friends,

I have some questions about <<Tools>> :

1) Amber (Mac Classic): There is no for Windows version?

2) OmniPatch : I read <<OmniPatch Help>> could someone giving one sample for applying??

please place one small tutorial into <<print screen>> for me to check, and understand best.

3) Ambience Source : Requires Python?? what is this? (python).
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Tools

Post by Pyro »

There is a program called Oak that can do what Amber does plus more. Oak is still being made so it is not done.

OmniPatch is used to create small files to patch from one version to a newer version of a file. For example, say you made a 100 MB plugin. Then you just made some changes. Instead of having people download another 100 MB, you can create a patch. The patch would be small if the changes are small. So maybe the patch will be a few MB in size. Then people with slow or limited internet can download that file and use OmniPatch to convert the old plugin into the new plugin.

Ambience is a Myth tool. Ambience source is the code used to make the program. Source code is only needed if you are a programmer. Go get Ambience instead.
juliocpaes

Re: Tools

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:There is a program called Oak that can do what Amber does plus more. Oak is still being made so it is not done.

OmniPatch is used to create small files to patch from one version to a newer version of a file. For example, say you made a 100 MB plugin. Then you just made some changes. Instead of having people download another 100 MB, you can create a patch. The patch would be small if the changes are small. So maybe the patch will be a few MB in size. Then people with slow or limited internet can download that file and use OmniPatch to convert the old plugin into the new plugin.

Ambience is a Myth tool. Ambience source is the code used to make the program. Source code is only needed if you are a programmer. Go get Ambience instead.
OK, I understand.