Installing Myth II Plug-ins?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
rockawayg24

Installing Myth II Plug-ins?

Post by rockawayg24 »

I've recently downloaded the scenario Myth II : Dark Campaigns but have been unable to play it. The scenarios do not appear in the New Game list. The plug-in is recognized as being active and is installed in the Plugins folder of my Myth II directory. I am using patch 1.71.

I'm obviously missing something on how to install plugins/scenarios because there are other downloads I have attempted and have seen nothing. Some however have worked.

Thanks.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Installing Myth II Plug-ins?

Post by Pyro »

Check out the Myth Starter Guide. Click on the section about single player and plugins. It will explain.
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

I have downloaded The Fallen Levels v2 andf find the text along the top with the history and names to be difficult to read as it is light grey on dark grey. if I remember correctly the original was white on grey.

Can anyone give any help regarding this?

Thanks in advance!
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Can you post a screenshot of that part? I don't have that issue. What version of Myth2 are you running and what resolution are you running on?
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Pyro wrote:Can you post a screenshot of that part? I don't have that issue. What version of Myth2 are you running and what resolution are you running on?
I am running the latest version 1.7.1 and running in opengl at 1024x768
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Are you using custom gamma settings? I doubt the text is actually gray, most likely you've got your gamma wrong or your monitor brightness is off or something. Please post a screenshot so we can confirm the issue.
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Melekor wrote:Are you using custom gamma settings? I doubt the text is actually gray, most likely you've got your gamma wrong or your monitor brightness is off or something. Please post a screenshot so we can confirm the issue.
I will install my Myth and see what the text bar looks like in that. I expect it to be a lighter coloured text on a darker background and be easier to read.

EDIT: I have installed my original Myth The Fallen Lords and the text box is brown with white text and that's why it's readable. I might as well uninstall the plug-in and play the original game, which I was trying to avoid.
Last edited by UK_John on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

I solved the problem, you have to turn off transparency to get the dark background and white text. Shame, as I would like to have transparency on, but I suppose you can't have everything.

The original Myth, of course, had no transparency, so that's why that version worked from the get-go.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You can toggle transparency, or even the entire status bar on and off at your will mid game. For the record. :)
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Graydon wrote:You can toggle transparency, or even the entire status bar on and off at your will mid game. For the record. :)
Well, yea, but for a little text bar it adds an awful lot to the immersion of the game! Just wish the colours could be changed to have a lighter grey in transparency, so i could have it on all the time! Greedy, aren't I?! :)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

You _can_ have it on all the time though, that's what I'm saying. Toggle transparency on and off when you wish to read the text. When you don't care to be reading, you can leave the bar transparent, it's not going to interfere with much.

Sound's like you're making an excuse not to play The Fallen Levels based on a reason that doesn't actually exist. Ultimately your loss perhaps.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

He didn't say he wouldn't play the TFL plugin because of it. He just seems to have gotten used to the transparency.

John, you can use Ctrl F6 to toggle the transparency during a game. Also, you may not be aware of the TFL Interface that can be downloaded at the Tain to make it look brown instead of gray.
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Pyro wrote:He didn't say he wouldn't play the TFL plugin because of it. He just seems to have gotten used to the transparency.

John, you can use Ctrl F6 to toggle the transparency during a game. Also, you may not be aware of the TFL Interface that can be downloaded at the Tain to make it look brown instead of gray.
Thanks for that! I'll give it a try! :)

EDIT: None of the interfaces change the dark grey with grey text along the top when transparency is on. The D'Jinn brightens the movement commands like "Stop" and "Hold", etc. text to a light grey when transparency is on, an that would be an ideal text colour for along the top! I suppose interface makers were thinking of gameplay, so I don't blame them.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

UK_John wrote:EDIT: None of the interfaces change the dark grey with grey text along the top when transparency is on. The D'Jinn brightens the movement commands like "Stop" and "Hold", etc. text to a light grey when transparency is on, an that would be an ideal text colour for along the top! I suppose interface makers were thinking of gameplay, so I don't blame them.

I don't exactly understand what you tried to say in that part. Are you saying none of the other interfaces alter the color of the default interface? D'Jinn what? Is that a unit or are you talking about the Jinn Interface?
UK_John

Post by UK_John »

Pyro wrote:
UK_John wrote:EDIT: None of the interfaces change the dark grey with grey text along the top when transparency is on. The D'Jinn brightens the movement commands like "Stop" and "Hold", etc. text to a light grey when transparency is on, an that would be an ideal text colour for along the top! I suppose interface makers were thinking of gameplay, so I don't blame them.

I don't exactly understand what you tried to say in that part. Are you saying none of the other interfaces alter the color of the default interface? D'Jinn what? Is that a unit or are you talking about the Jinn Interface?
Sorry, yes, the Jinn interface does brighten the command words like "halt" with a light grey, rather than dark grey. but none of the interfaces change the control bar along the top other than dark colours with dark text.

If they had allowed the transparency to be adjusted there might have been an answer, but it can only be "on" or "off", when off, the white text stands out too much, and is a little distracting, and when transparency is on, the dark grey text makes it difficult to read at all!