What other rts games do mythers like? - Just curious...

Talk about anything here.

What other rts games do mythers like? - Just curious...

Starcraft
14%
Age of Empires
14%
Stronghold
14%
2D Retro Worms
14%
Worms 3D
No votes
Pikmin
No votes
Rainbow 6
5%
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
9%
Other (please state name)
32%

Total votes: 22

The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I know everyone hates Pikmin. Don't go on about it plz. It ownz, accept it.

Rainbow 6 and similar games are like RTS games really. You control a group of semi-intelligent CPU units kinda like the way a captain does in Myth team games.

I class 2D worms and 3D worms as seperate games because they have nothing in common in terms of tactics and strategy.

I know a number of Mythers who play Stronhold and Age of Empires but I don't know about the othert games in the list.
jwqh

Post by jwqh »

Its too bad we can only choose ONE game. I loved Worms as well
James,
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Elfoid, Rainbow Six wasn't a RTS game. Rainbow Six was a fps. RTS is building and resources. I voted Age of Empires since it is a classic, and i loved playing with the Hittite! RTS is building and resources.

Sincerely,
Krusader

Edited By Krusader on 1090793521
Krusader Bastard
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth is RTS. RTS means Real Time Strategy and Myth doesn't involve resource management. I think u will find that Rainbow 6 involves Real Time and u must plan ur Strategy and tell ur units where 2 go. Just like WWII: Recon Patrol team games.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

This forum doesn't let people choose more than one answer on polls. Sorry.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]::Recalls reading in PC Gamer back before Myth TFL was ever released and still just being worked on, that Bungie considered Myth a RTT, Real Time Tactical game, as it didnt have any of the slow boring resource management and such that make up RTS games::

I personally still consider Myth a RTT to this day and I havent found a game in nearly 7 years to draw me away from it yet. ;o)[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Dio

Post by Dio »

The other games I play when I am on a Myth vacation. Hmm.
Baldur's Gate games.
Anything from Bioware really.
Never Winter Nights.
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Medieval: Total War. The idea of "microing" is quite different in this game, but I find it utterly engrossing nevertheless. Once Rome:Total War comes out, I do not know what I'll do with myself. Damn the designers for timing a release to coincide with the resumption of my college studies. I swear, they are TRYING to make me flunk out.
Dio

Post by Dio »

Alot of ppl are talking about total war anymore. Is it really that good?
It's not like one of those damn sims games is it?
- Joseph Joubert
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

It is nothing like the Sims, except that characters can die. ;)

Here's a linkie if you want more info on the series. It's much more of a strategy game than Myth. The on-line battles make Myth look utterly microscopic though. I've played a few 3 on 3's, and the total amount of combatants must of reached into the 10's of thousands. :)
Dio

Post by Dio »

I guess what I mean is..do you have to send out farmers and other workers to build an army?
- Joseph Joubert
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Dio wrote:I guess what I mean is..do you have to send out farmers and other workers to build an army?
Not at all. Here's a screenshot of what the "planning" areas of the game looks like. You chose which buildings to create, which units to train, set tax levels, and create trade routes - via shipping lanes. You don't micro manage your economy, not according to my standards at least. Your generals and unit leaders do contain their owns stats - bloodthirsty, inbred, highly likeable - so your 1337 general may turn into a weakling, when it's found out that his mother is also his sister. ;)
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I wish they could do that game for mac too....it rocks...I'll miss it...buahhh
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
JimmyMcSpoon

Post by JimmyMcSpoon »

I thought Warrior Kings was sort of cool and about as Mythlike as anything I've seen. Unfortunately, no one played it online (mac version) and it tended to crash once in a while. There was an update a couple months ago but I couldn't find my disk anymore so I don't know if that fixed stuff (hard to fix 'no players').
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Other games I like include Warcraft III, Apple Panic, Oregon Trail, and Number Munchers.
Mauglir