Game speed = 0% - allowing the player to stop the game?

Talk about anything here.
Phex

Post by Phex »

I often thought about a nice feature for Myth: allowing the player to stop the game (like in a replay) while he is able to give his units orders during the pause.

This would make it possible to play big maps with a lot of units (like mazz) alone: if there is too much action for 1/4 game speed, just pause the game, give your orders and let it run again.

I hope it would be theoretically possible to use this feature in the upcoming version. It might improve the playing frequency of big maps, especially big maps of plugins nobody except a few persons have on pm.net. Its often frustrating not being able to play a map because there are too many units on it and nobody has the plugin.

I would be glad about an answer.

Phex.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

If you are playing solo, you can stop the level by hitting escape to bring up the little menu with save and load game options. It obscures a small portion of your view, but you can still move the camera, so I don't find this to be a problem. You can give commands in this mode, at least in Myth I and II. In Myth III, you can't move or give commands when you bring up the menu, which is one of the things that makes it harder for me to play than the first two. Maybe the next Myth III update could change this (if Project Magma is still working on that--I imagine since Flying Flip came out with their update, it has become a pretty low priority).

A-Red
CIK

Post by CIK »

After FF released their update we decided to basically back down and not compete with them by making our own major Myth III update. We will release a minor Myth III update (1.2.1) when we release Myth II 1.5.1. We are doing this since we have all 3 games sharing a core library and Myth III has received a few enhancements from the current Myth II development effort.

CIK
Myth Tech Lead
Project Magma