Talk about anything here.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

IT'S DONE, IT'S BEATEN, IT'S ON FILM and it freezes after watcher dies

half ppl went oos too in final wave

Check it yourself
cov

Post by cov »

Yeah, Id appreciate it if some projectmagma guys could look at the film and try and work out why rotd goes oos so often and also freezes when watcher dies.

When I beat watcher on timid solo it froze too, and i had to force quit myth. Same with this leg film (apart from it was online coop mode)
cov

Post by cov »

Apparently someone watched the film and checked the error log when it goes oos. The error came from the ''monsters.c'' file.

Hope this helps..
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

This is the error message I got when I watched the film:

2004-07-13 14:59:16
Myth II Build 234 running under Win98 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Using GDI for Input
Mouse appears to have 3 buttons and 3 axes.
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
PlayMyth v1.2.1
PMI_Classic
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Error: Data Missing in .\Myth2Code\cutscenes\cutscenes.c, line #369: Unable to find the following cutscene - prologue.smk

Running Direct3D (RADEON 9700 PRO ) at 1600 x 1200, 16 bit
Starting mesh "|iRequiem of the Dead|p" with 1 plugins...
Magma - Requiem of the Dead
2004-07-13 15:07:33 ### MA [mung] Insert Spawn Batches 04-06: Munging...
2004-07-13 15:07:33 ### MA [mung] Insert Spawn Batches 04-06: deactivated
2004-07-13 15:22:22 OUT OF SYNC
OOS occurred at line 996 in .\Myth2Code\monster_commands.c - game time: 107626
Error: File system Read in .\Myth2Code\tag_files\tag_files.c, line #2536: couldn't read #8 bytes from offset #580560 in local tag 'recordings\rotd beaten'

Error: File system Read in .\Myth2Code\tag_files\tag_files.c, line #1058: single_file_read() failed in tag_file_read()

Error: File system Read in .\Myth2Code\recording.c, line #841: couldn't read block header from replay 'rotd beaten' offset: 0x8db90 size to read: 8 size got: 8

Quitting replay...

----

Jeez....waves of Taken, mega thrall, and the Watcher at the end. I'm glad I never made it that far. :)
cov

Post by cov »

The film shows fine for me and brainbug. For some others it goes oos right at the end when watcher comes, and for you it doesnt work at all?

Weird :(
skrew

Post by skrew »

ive neglected to post in this thread for sometime (lazy me) but this constant re-occurance of crashing for me and others with older macs running OS 9 is kinda annoying (people are getting pretty damn good at requiem and actually last past 20mins) 20-30mins being my crashing time. at first i thought it was OS 9's shitty memory issues, as myrd was telling me, then after considerably raising my virtual ram and myths prefered and minimum memory requirements and still crashing i decided to look in myth log. your first problem is this:
Error: Array Full in shapes.c, line #752: can't add more than #64 color tables (dwarf collection).

Error: Array Full in shapes.c, line #752: can't add more than #64 color tables (dwarf collection).

Quitting networked game...

this was experienced with 11 players - you indexed your duff coll to 247 colours (9 being the max amount of players in the current beta)

on a second game following the previous crash i get this:

2004-08-19 15:49:01 ### MA [mung] Insert Spawn Batches 04-06: Munging...
2004-08-19 15:49:01 ### MA [mung] Insert Spawn Batches 04-06: deactivated

now ill assume from my little scripting knowledge that the munger action there is to release the first big wave (with the shade and everything) and ill also assume since i crash roughly from 20-30 minutes that your 3rd munger action activates randomly within that time. either this technique hasnt been used in previous plugs - ever. the monster count that it releases is too big or these actions put a huge strain on myth and my RAM and the second wave is just too big, i doubt that. even my computer does surmount to the new sys reqs for M2, even though the previous advise a minimum of 32mb.
system specs:
Rev A imac
128mb RAM
PPC G3 processor @ 266mhz
6mb rage 2c card (running myth in software mode @ 680x480)

i hope this was somewhat helpful to make requiem bugless (unless of course you dont consider this a bug)

~skrew
King kong died for our sins!
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

cov, the film played decently enough for me. I was able to see until the very end, but the film showed me your team getting rushed and anhiliated at the end, sans any Watcher death. And the game did crash after the Watcher gave your dead units a few taunts. ;)
cov

Post by cov »

Your film showed the oos ending.
DagorFunk

Post by DagorFunk »

I played a game yesterday in which Blood thrall and Mithril Thrall came at the same time. Then, about two minutes later the black thrall showed up. So we had three waves of thrall, three Taken, the Watcher, and countless other bad guys after us. Needless to say we died pretty quickly. I don't know if this is part of the script, but it was pretty rediculous, especially considering we were still above 90% when the Blood thrall showed up.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

I've actually had a team that lasted unit 49 minutes on lege, until our luck ran out. I've noticed that all of the units seem to have a purpose and a fun to use, except for the archers. Their range is good, but the mort can easily out-plink them. Their rate of fire is okay, and their damage is "meh." I've noticed they tend to shoot friendlies in the back an awful lot. Maybe the final version could have a few tweaks to make the archers more fun - faster refire or more powerful arrows. I'd take a pair of demo duffs over archers anyway, in the current state.

Btw, I e-mailed Ghost yesterday, and I hoping that'd bring him back to bang out a final version of RotD.
cov

Post by cov »

Chances are, you cant beat the level without the archers. You just need to have skilled players using them. Players that wont friendly fire and players that know to use slayer arrows when the trow come, and generally use the special bows at the right time.
cov

Post by cov »

hey dag, yeah I was in that game. If ghost wants, i could email him the film so he could try and work out what went wrong.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

You can beat it on Timid without archers - Viper led a small team that did that yesterday. Actually, Timid is quite tame, even with only a few people. We went south immediately into the trees near the pond, clearing them as quickly as possible & thereby getting extra roots. It was actually much easier defending that small area rather than the main platform. At the end we moved far SW to the 4 tents, where we disposed of the black thrall/watcher. No OOS or crashing on Timid btw.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Btw, I e-mailed Ghost yesterday, and I hoping that'd bring him back to bang out a final version of RotD.
Greetings Pete !! :o)

No email came thru, but I keep up on the forums, just not much time to Myth, let alone post L8ly. :o(

Ill be taking all the recent feedback over the past couple weeks of posts and conversations with Fe and others and be revising/updating/fixing RotD here Real sOOnâ„¢.

I havent abandoned it or you guys, I`ve just been deeply involved in working on/scripting a couple levels for LoE in what free time I can manage between driving out of state runs, cleaning up/out my house and packing my belongings for temporary storage so the new owners can move in and we can close, and what little sleep I get.

I must say though I am most happy with all the feedback, and I will defianately be doing what I can to resolve any and all legitamate bugs, and to find decent compromises on other things that are just opinions. ;o)

FYI, Fe and I discussed the archers, and they are on my list to update/modify so they are a bit more useful/fun/bad-arse. ;o)[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

I saw a plug somewhere that had archers shoot a stream of satchel charges then set them off with an explosion.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?