So, what are we all working on?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Souly

Re: So, what are we all working on?

Post by Souly »

Zeph

Doom i dont know when ill work on it again but i will...tho i will make my own units for it ,insted of just importing Doom 2 sprites.

Stargate im not sure but when Pyro realy wants 2 ill work on it, since its kinda he's project and im only making units for that.

Callieach plug will be complete to some point, since i cant make myth models. So its not that it wont get completed just a matter of when we have a new tool that can make myth models.

Yeah and your projects...you cant realy talk!
Your "Qaurentine" is a awesom idea if only you start up Maya and complete the dam thing! But if you fail to complete it and im done with the Callieach plug im going to make something like it but with awesom Zombies and Mutated monsters. So you better get your shit in gear!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

bring it!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

Souly wrote:Zeph

Doom i dont know when ill work on it again but i will...tho i will make my own units for it ,insted of just importing Doom 2 sprites.

Stargate im not sure but when Pyro realy wants 2 ill work on it, since its kinda he's project and im only making units for that.

Callieach plug will be complete to some point, since i cant make myth models. So its not that it wont get completed just a matter of when we have a new tool that can make myth models.

Yeah and your projects...you cant realy talk!
Your "Qaurentine" is a awesom idea if only you start up Maya and complete the dam thing! But if you fail to complete it and im done with the Callieach plug im going to make something like it but with awesom Zombies and Mutated monsters. So you better get your shit in gear!
Yea right :)
Good luck with that
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Souly

Post by Souly »

Its not luck....its Skillz!
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Dream Duel at Tyr - Mostly needs debugging and unit balance. Watcher vs Deceiver like Mazz. Also a bug that was supposedly fixed by 1.7 but hasnt been tested.

Left 4 Dead - Have the units made outside of a few Giant monsters, colormap and units mostly balanced, no scripting and few enemies placed. Includes, Sniper, MG, RPG, and Shotgun units.

Multiplayer map on HMP's CMAP which involves capturing flags in order. Similar to TFC type maps Avanti and Dustbowl.

A new heroes campaign where the heroes can do realistic stuff like throw knives etc. 1 hit kills mostly to make it realistic. I just made this up to look like im really busy.

Haven't touched any of this been playing AOE2!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Souly finish The 9 Vs The Fallen Lords
Souly

Post by Souly »

Soon
Point

Re: So, what are we all STILL working on?

Post by Point »

yep still plugging away

lets see coming to a myth 1.7 near you

CWR
Tagset 98.6% complete
maps multiplayer 80% complete
maps coop 30% complete

CWE

open for someone else to finish. PHEX? :)

B32

Ready willing and able

CPR Reloaded for 1.7
tagset 90% complete
Maps 95% complete

AOM
Tagset 50% complete
Maps 75% complete

and probably end of 2009

Warfare AvA
Tagset 40% complete
Multimaps 50% complete
CoOp Maps 40% complete (no scripting yet)

all can be found here >>>

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... ds/Points/
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Art of Myth has always intrigued me. I've seen a lot of pictures and played with some tagsets, but I don't really have a clue what it's about. What's the idea behind it? How will it play?
Point

Post by Point »

AOM well origionally it was a combination of collections and tags to overcome myth limits ie I wanted big battles with lots of unit types so i had to reduce string lists projectiles etc... then ChrisP released big battles and my big fight hunger was solved sort of ... anyway I kept plugging away and complaining about limits then MYTH dev... raised the limits and AoM became what it is today a whole lot of units and maps for big s2 fights... basically WAR! the goal is a plain ole rock paper scissors myth one unit has advantage over another though weakness to another unit. and instead of myths 5 or 6 unit types per mesh players can choose from 32 types of light or 32 dark...

there are 68 units currently I could add more with the fun of the bag of tags though probably stick with the units there now.

The coop maps are spins of LOTR with the dark attacking and the light trying to stay alive... full of lame unfinished and un started scripting at the moment.. :)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

you've been spamming those screenshots for like 3 years, get her done already! :)

I am working on ............ NOTHING!

By the way, ozone's folder/SF2/deathgorge 120909 has the latest beta of deathgorge with myth 1.7 fixes, try it out!!!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Leif

Post by Leif »

Wow, you guys are keeping busy. I've been out of the community for a long time, but it's nice to see there still is one.

It's not really Myth related or anything I've touched in a long time, but a few years ago I worked on a Flash game for Underworld Evolution and made some environments. I sort've gave them a Myth feel cause of my days map making.

http://jessegreenberg.com/img/art/work/
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

looks better than myth
Phex

Post by Phex »

Point wrote: CWE

I cant believe that I actually found this reference.

Hi Point.
Point

Post by Point »

Phex wrote:
Point wrote: CWE

I cant believe that I actually found this reference.

Hi Point.

Hey phex so what are you working on... :)