TO IRON:

Talk about anything here.
oogaBooga

TO IRON:

Post by oogaBooga »

Hey iron, I was interested in using that program you made that makes it simpler to extract and convert TFL maps into M2 loathing compatible maps.

Or at the very least, export cmap/dispmap, even if I have to lose scenery placement.

Picnic At Spiderbark Park m2 anyone?

-ooga
Doobie
Site Admin

Re: TO IRON:

Post by Doobie »

he used the program that he wrote, and I don't know if it even exists anymore or if it was lost in his HDD crash.

If it does exist, it was never in a state that Iron considered to be releasable and required all kinds of haxorz and voodoo in order to run.

So, to sum things up, good luck.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Anybody who can use OS9 can also help me - by using Mesh Inspector Gold. I can provide the local folders with which to use Mesh Inspector Gold with, and all anyone has to do is export the colormap, shadowmap, displacement map, and hopefully terrain and reflection maps.

Heck, I can work with just the colormap alone and do the rest based on screenshots or other references.

So anybody with OS9 or classic, please PM me or email me at oogaboogan@yahoo.com.

I'm thinking of bringing back Torpidinium, and I have a scripter who's confident he can implement the World Knot functions.

Would be a blast for myth 2, eh? Would put myopia to shame :)
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

That would be awesome, I've been bugging Iron to do that for a long time.

and I hope you don't stop there either!
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I guess the old "take screenshot of mesh in Loathing with the blue scenery dots overlayed, use this as a colourmap while placing scenery and then replace with the original colourmap" strategy is too old fashioned?

:)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Unless I am misremembering, Iron posted an overview of the steps you need to do to convert maps using his tool on the forums here sometime in the past couple of months (give or take). It's not an insignificant feat.

I think one of the big time-saving things it did was place the models and scenery in the proper place.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I'll look around for it. Say, did iron start the thread himself or respond to someone else?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I may have mispoken.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

He posted it on the private testers forum. If you have access, you can see the info here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... ram#p39408
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

vinylrake wrote:It's not an insignificant feat.
No, its not for the faint of heart. OTOH porting any map from TFL manually is hard work, and this program does make it significantly easier. It guarantees 100% correct placement of all units, scenery (but curiously not models, which you may need to adjust), and it preserves the script - in other words it saves you tons of time.

I still have the program, just need to archive it & upload somewhere, assuming its still needed...
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

iron wrote:OTOH porting any map from TFL manually is hard work, and this program does make it significantly easier.
Yes, I imagine in the same way that having a mirror and a sharp scalpel makes performing an appendectomy on yourself "significantly easier".

(not dissing your program, it really does an amazing amount of the work - that converting a TFL map still seems like such a large endevor even with your pgm no doubt just speaks to my laziness)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Yea upload it please Iron!

im sure ooga will put it to good use porting somme of evreybody favorite 3rd party TFL maps that NEVER made it into myth 2.

e mail it to ooga or upload it on hotline and post a reply here?

-Rens
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Hey Iron, did this happen? im tellin ya, people will put it to good use if you post it!

thanks
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Iron really doesn't come on the forums anymore. You're best bet would be to e-mail him.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood wrote:Hey Iron, did this happen? im tellin ya, people will put it to good use if you post it!
Stop diddling around on side projects like converting TFL maps to M2 ---- get your ADD in check AND FINISH THE &*^#@$&*@#$ WIND AGE!!!

I volunteered to help you set up some coop maps for this and you said you would send me stuff to work on and I haven't heard anything from you since.... that was almost two weeks ago. My inbox is lonely and I am tired of re-reading those penile growth spam emails - PLEASE send me something to my inbox for me to work on!!!