Myth II 1.7 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
Myrd
Site Admin

Myth II 1.7 Public Beta

Post by Myrd »

It is here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... ublic-beta

Everyone is encouraged to install it and help test the next version of Myth II. It is compatible with 1.6, so you don't have to worry about any red games.

The goal is to find any bugs, so that we can fix them before the final version.

Edit: The list of changes is here: 1.7.0-Changes-Brief.txt
Last edited by Myrd on Sun May 03, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

YAY THANKS YOU GUYS!

:::DANCES AROUND:::!

hmmm JUST in time for MWC!
Peach Out
killerking

Post by killerking »

Thanks very much guys! I already noticed coop is going to be harder since the pathfinding is finally fixed!!! I can also see ping now!!!
There's 1 thing I don't like however, and it seems to be a bug only for me, but when I use the caps lock to see my units health while they're not selected they appear to be blue~ like they're not my units but from a teammate.

It would be great if you could fix that!

p.s. I'm using the mac os x version of 1.7.9 with 317 build (how'd you change the build lol)
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Do your unselected units have a blue selection box or no selection box? The expected behavior is for your units to have NO selection box unless they are selected. Your teammates should have a blue selection box.
CRC

Post by CRC »

Some screen resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio fucks up like following when I use window mode for lobby and non-window for game.

(Desktop can be seen at bottom of screen.)
full size

I've got advise from Godzfire not to use window mode for lobby, and if I do some reolution options disappear from preference and options that remain work fine. But I want window mode for lobby since I usually sit on lobby for nothing!

I'm on MacOS 10.4.11(Intel), using Myth II v1.7 PUBLIC BETA Build 317.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

What are the changes?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

CRC: Check your Myth II prefs to make sure you have the right resolution selected there.

Autumn Demon: There's a link to the change log from the Tain's page.
CRC

Post by CRC »

Myrd wrote:CRC: Check your Myth II prefs to make sure you have the right resolution selected there.
O, yea, 1024x600 was selected though my monitor should fit 1024x640. And there's no 1024x640 it seems like. :(

Anyway, thanks for quick reply.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Ah. We should add 1024x640 for the final version of 1.7 then.
CRC

Post by CRC »

Myrd wrote:Ah. We should add 1024x640 for the final version of 1.7 then.
Holy fuck. Your my god. :D
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

CRC wrote:
Myrd wrote:Ah. We should add 1024x640 for the final version of 1.7 then.
Holy fuck. Your my god. :D

Public betas are awesome. The more people with different systems you introduce the more wide of a variety of bugs you get to squish!
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Autumn Demon wrote:What are the changes?
Is there are comprehensive list of changes so we can keep an eye out for unexpected behavior?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The list of changes was linked from The Tain page, but I've added a link to it to the original post also.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Thanks Myrd, looks good.
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

Hey, it might be a little too late to suggest something but since it's not a gameplay issue or anything drastic im going to throw it out there. Could it be possible so that after viewing a film, instead of the cursor automatically jumping into the first film in the recordings, it would stay on that recording that you have just finished watching. It would make it alot easier if you, say are watching films from a tournament match or something similar. Also, could the number of films shown in the recordings be increased. Personally i hate fiddling them into folders once it becomes full. Dont know if anyone else agrees on these and as i said, might be too late but throwing the ideas out anyways.