Light vs Dark

Talk about anything here.
Autumn Demon

Light vs Dark

Post by Autumn Demon »

How do you do light vs dark?

I remember in TFL you could sometimes get it by triple clicking User Single Player Levels and hoping it lagged enough to get messed up.

Are there any simpler ways to host LvD?

Any suggestions?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

By using or making a plugin. The method you speak of hasn't worked for some updates ago. Then you go online the game ignores most of the local folder which was one of the ways used to make LvD games.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

Someone was hosting LvD today, so it definitely is possible without a plugin that everyone needs to join the game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Are you sure you didn't just had a LvD plugin and just thought it wasn't a plugin?
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

yes
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Pyro wrote:Are you sure you didn't just had a LvD plugin and just thought it wasn't a plugin?
Yep its true.

Also, something that not many know:

REVERSE L vs D can allow you to play any multiplayer map in "single player" mode which means the enemy teams (up to 2 enemy teams if youre doing FFA, plus your own army) wont have any AI but will be in default position and unit trade.

L vs D and reverse L vs D. Fun stuff. I remember that having a slower computer HELPED doing the shift-holding trick while clicking and unclicking the "use single player only" checkbox in the host options. A faster computer made the timing window for doing the glitch much smaller.

Also its possible to do the same trick that the plugin did but with a local folder that only the host needs to use. Unless a recent 1.7 change made it so it always ignores all things in local, but i doubt it because even formations and camera speed and whatnot can be affected without making it a gameplay difference.
Autumn Demon

Re: Light vs Dark

Post by Autumn Demon »

I finally got reverse LvD to work today thanks to ooga. I'm not sure if I'm using his exact method. What I do is hold down the Use Single Players Levels button, let go and a fraction of a second later hit Enter.

Good for testing out m4 by yourself.

Haven't tried real LvD (on coop maps) yet because I think you need two or more players otherwise the game ends as soon as it starts.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

It would be nice if a simple option for Myth could be added for that.
steelaxe

Post by steelaxe »

the way i do it is hold left or right arrow down and click single/multi box, but i've been starting to notice that, even with 3 or more players, and doing l v d results in an immediate game over because one team does not spawn at all, sometimes light, sometimes dark. i have not been able to get it to work at all sense the public beta and maybe 1.7.0
HAPPY MYTHING!
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

What VR Said:
"godz is asking for a mod that would let this be an option for ALL solo maps. obviously he knows how to make an individual map. and godz request isn't, i'd rather have an option to select LvD than have to have duplicates of every single solo map ever created in order to play LvD."