"no auto-attack" tinytweak request - Myth ii v1.5.1 request

Talk about anything here.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Hey Guys!

I've been frantically incorporating some of the new - and very cool - Myth II v1.5 features into RDF v5.0 (we're on RC1 now). I have a simple request that I, and future plugin creators, could really use (imo):

RDF has several units that have both a close range hand-to-hand attack and a long-range missile attack (the devastating fireball).

We all know that relying on just setting the Activation Range low (e.g. 2 World Units) does NOT prevent this type of unit from turning around and starting to auto-attack with their long range attack once they've been triggered to auto-attack short range.

This is very, very bad... (friendly fire casualties can be catastrophic)

Now, I've tried the new "No Auto-Attack" feature - and I like it - BUT, now that there is absolutely no auto-attack whatsoever, a lowly spider can sneak up on a strong unit and pick it apart!

This is also very, very bad...

So, I have a very simple solution:

Simply make the "No Auto-Attack" flag enforce the Activation Range so that units do not auto-attack outside the Activation Range! :D

By making it behave this way, you can still have units that never auto-attack under any circumstances by setting this flag and setting the Activation Range to 0.000!

Simple!! :D

This would make units like mine behave the way they should, and no doubt future plugin creators will benefit from these settings as well.

Keep up the GREAT WORK guys!! :D
~Baak