Share GURPS Myth!

Talk about anything here.
Tireless Wanderer

Share GURPS Myth!

Post by Tireless Wanderer »

Hey, I'm basically going to say what I said at the Asylum (though I'm guessing this place is less dead).
Can anyone share some information from the GURPS Myth book? What I've heard from it have all been very interesting but I've only read some guy's summary of the Ghôl and Maul sections at the Asylum.
I have read the fetch excerpt at where they used to sell the book aswell (doesn't seem to work anymore). Anyone knows where I can get ahold of more excerpts or possibly even where I can get the entire book (I'm not sure if this is a legalholic page or not)?
Long story short I'm not willing to pay for it though, as I'll dive into Halo Wars/Resident Evil 5 this month and probably won't get back to Myth for a few months (= I don't want to pay for something I won't read frequently). Also I found it for a reasonable roughly 10$ at Amazon, but it turns out importing it to Sweden would cost an 11$ extra which makes the milk that much sourer.

Thanks in advance.

A link to my sligthly lengthier Asylum post, for no reason:
http://carnage.bungie.org/myth/asylum/a ... read=25328
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

we arent legalholics and i persoanlly dont care about illegal crap BUt the admins might get you for it :(

-Saint †
Last edited by Sonixboom on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

If I had it, I'd still say no. $22 is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and if you wanted to be altruistic you'd be buying it and then sharing it yourself, instead of asking someone else to do it...

I'm not having a go at you; just saying, it's kind of a silly request. You've already found a copy.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Sonixboom wrote:where not legalholics ...
Dude, don't be such a hater, why NOT where legalholics?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

vinylrake wrote:
Sonixboom wrote:where not legalholics ...
Dude, don't be such a hater, why NOT where legalholics?
I don't wear legalholics cause they make my ass look huge.
Tireless Wanderer

William Wallet wrote:If I had it, I'd still say no. $22 is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, and if you wanted to be altruistic you'd be buying it and then sharing it yourself, instead of asking someone else to do it...

I'm not having a go at you; just saying, it's kind of a silly request. You've already found a copy.
Well, if I do buy it it won't get here for three weeks or something. I'll probably have a lot of other things to do by then (or rather I will have lots of things to do by then). I'm also currently studying and I'm an active videogamer, so every dollar counts.

Even if noone is going to directly share it someone could perhaps summarise what it sais about bre'Unor and fir'Bolg? I'm also pretty interested in the currency but I think I've found all it said about that at the Asylum (7 different items and their price and 7 jobs and their monthly pay, 1 USD ≈ 3.6 Mythic Dollars).
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Sonixboom wrote:where not legalholics and i persoanlly dont care about illegal crap BUt the admins might get you for it :(

-Saint †
Please....stop posting. It hurts my brain.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

I bought myth gurps when it came out in 1999 for $19.95

If you can get it for near $20 allmost 10 years later thats a pretty good deal

dont be such a cheap bastard.
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

hehe...fiesty crowd!

I've not looked into it to heavily myself, but in general I think the folks around here disdain it because it is not myth-canon. Namely I think it disagrees with the games on a few points...

-DA
Horus

Post by Horus »

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/myth/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Myth-GURPS-Gene ... 640&sr=8-2

In the second link go to the Used & New Section because Caimanzone_UK is a good seller to buy from (I do allot of business with them). Prices should be the same as shown even for sending to Sweden.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Sure there are problems with the myth GRUPS book, but mostly is right on target with myth lore, and its easy to spot when they fudge things up.

and i do belive it might be the VERY last bungie published myth product.
Overall its a very intersting read if your obssessed with the myth universe.
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

So c'mon Ren, aren't you going to reread those two chapters and summarize them for the timeless wanderer?

C'mon, be a sport and help out a fellow Myther. Where's that team spirit and comraderie you are always talking about?

;)
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

I would reccomend the book VR. its pretty cheap and is a nice mythy collectible
Peach Out
Tireless Wanderer

Renwood TWA wrote:I would reccomend the book VR. its pretty cheap and is a nice mythy collectible
What's VR?
qwarqwa

Post by qwarqwa »

Tireless Wanderer wrote: What's VR?
He means that guy "vinylrake" not a book.