1.7 stuff

Talk about anything here.
qwerty2

1.7 stuff

Post by qwerty2 »

Only if you can manage it.

the camera shouldn't change angle when click on the sides of maps.

the ability to set captains in a random game without having a 2nd person join.

and of course the always popular "add the PRASP maps to the patch"
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Eddaweaver

Re: 1.7 stuff

Post by Eddaweaver »

qwerty2 wrote: the camera shouldn't change angle when click on the sides of maps.
Now that's a good one 8)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

absolutely. One of those incredibly obvious things that for some reason always slips the mind. Funny thing is, in TFL the camera angle wouldn't change - its something new they brought in for Myth 2.

Myrd works on captain stuff, he can comment on that if he likes.

You know what my opinion on the PRASP maps is, but I'm not the guy calling the shots here (and nor should I be given my inherent laziness!)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Baak

Post by Baak »

qwerty2 wrote:the ability to set captains in a random game without having a 2nd person join.
I vote for that one as well. I believe I put that in the "wish list".

Heh, I even created a Randomizer page a million years ago just for that purpose (it's a bit kludgey by today's standards). With it we could say: player A, B, C are willing to be captains, while player D, E, F aren't and it would generate random teams accordingly.
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I was just thinking about how sometimes I'll be in a game and I'll miss something someone says to me. So I thought that maybe in Myth 1.7 you could make the show chat button, default up arrow, a toggle switch by holding shift as well. Like what was done with f7.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Do you know how pressing H makes the camera centre on the selected unit? I thought it would be good if pressing Shift H made it persistant.

Omicron: Myth 1.7 already does it 8)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yea as Eddaweaver said, the 1.7 beta already has the shift up arrow.
Point

Post by Point »

Baak wrote:
qwerty2 wrote:the ability to set captains in a random game without having a 2nd person join.
I vote for that one as well. I believe I put that in the "wish list".

Heh, I even created a Randomizer page a million years ago just for that purpose (it's a bit kludgey by today's standards). With it we could say: player A, B, C are willing to be captains, while player D, E, F aren't and it would generate random teams accordingly.

really though if you cant get one player to join you ... should you really be able to set yourself up as a captain... and who sets cap .... and what if they are not who you want to cap.... seems to me simply joining the person you want to be teams on should work...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

as for 1.7

Post by Point »

as for 1.7 stuff i think with each game played 1.7 should deposit 12 dollars in your atm account maybe 15$ if the game is over an hour long... I really think this feature would encourage game play and add more players to the base ;)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Actually ... for each game played 1.7 should deposit $15 into the developer's accounts. I really think that feature would encourage us to get it finished and released :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Point

hmm...

Post by Point »

iron wrote:Actually ... for each game played 1.7 should deposit $15 into the developer's accounts. I really think that feature would encourage us to get it finished and released :)
another great idea... now Myrd and crew just need to find a way to link 1.7 to the account of that guy from google that just put down a 5million dollar deposit to go to space... I doubt he would miss 15 here and 12 there... ;)

Keep up the good work...
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Point wrote:
really though if you cant get one player to join you ... should you really be able to set yourself up as a captain... and who sets cap .... and what if they are not who you want to cap.... seems to me simply joining the person you want to be teams on should work...
you obviously don't play random games so please don't comment any more on this issue.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

qwerty2 wrote:
Point wrote:
you obviously don't play random games so please don't comment any more on this issue.
Heh that was belligerent. Just take his opinion and carry on eh?

-DA
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Point wrote:really though if you cant get one player to join you ... should you really be able to set yourself up as a captain... and who sets cap .... and what if they are not who you want to cap.... seems to me simply joining the person you want to be teams on should work...
In large 2 team games that works pretty well, but if you are playing smaller ffa games or games with lots of starts so only 2-3 people on a team it doesn't work that well. In those cases having a person join each of 2 captains would leave NONE or only 1 person per team unknown/randomized.

If you could indicate your willingness to captain but have the game choose randomly then you wouldn't know which of the 4 out of 6 players in the game willing to cap would end up as captains, nor would you already know 2/3 of each team.

Random is fun.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.