Porting some maps - Porting solo maps from m2 into m3

Talk about anything here.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]I was wondering if there was any problem with porting M2 solo maps into M3?

http://home.earthlink.net/~scorch01/Images/TSoGM3.jpg

Stair is pretty much done except the particle system script doesnt work. If youd like to play Stair AIM me (scorch8686) since I dont have webspace to host it.

Im currently working on Willow Creek.

http://home.earthlink.net/~scorch01/Images/WCM3.jpg[/color]
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Awesome!
I can't wait for it all ready. Maybe you could post it on hl.udogs.net or something.
Malek

Post by Malek »

I remember porting Stair along with With Friends like these along with porting TFL levels like Shadow, Across the Gjol, Seven Gates, and Crow's village. It was before Magma's TheFallenLevels so it was all scripted from scratch for the TFL levels. Seven Gates was fun because it was nice to see a classic in M3. the plugin pack is wandering around as I no longer have any of my older files except Cmaps.

Now its hardly a challenge to ask Magma permission to drag their TFL meshes to Ballistic/Vengeance except the fact of models. Oh and of course a colormap PSD file resized to M3.

Of course none of the M3 models match current so you would have to port the models too for scenery. M3 has a different unit size as well compared to M2.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Yeah, porting to Myth 3 is a lot of work but not particularly hard if you can deal with models and so-on that need moved over. The only major concern is that Vengeance and Ballistic currently don't support scripting which means that any changes that need to be made could be a bit tricky to do.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]The scripting and models are some reasons I picked stair and willow and also the reasons I would like to avoid some other maps :\

Willow Creek is now done but I havent tested beyond solo play so im calling it B1.

And as I said before stair is sorta done (B2) except for the snow, Ill see if I can get that fixed but I cant at the moment.

Tarous, if you wanted to I can send you stair and willow so you can host the files.

Malek, it would be awsome if you or anyone could locate the plugin pack you made. Anything new for Myth III is great.[/color]
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Stair and Willow are now hosted in SCORCH's Folder at http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/downloads.pl

Tarous

P.S. SCORCH, I got the upload problem fixed, so as you get updates, feel free to post em.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Well I finally had a chance to test them myself. I must say you've done a good Job Scorch. Willow looks great, its biggest problem is that its willow =-\ Stair was Very fun. As I was playing it i just kept thinking "This is the way myth was supposed to be" Keep up the work porting. I can't wait to have Wall and Library on Myth III.

Tarous
fud

Post by fud »

I've played them. They work great so far. Nice job Scorch!!