Who's developing myth iii? - Proj magma or the startup flying flip?

Talk about anything here.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I see flyingflip.com is well underway with a new website design, forms, etc. But what caught my attention was their big announcement of their immenient release of version 1.3 for Myth 3. ("They've been working 6 months on it - yadda, yadda, yadda...")

But Project Magma's headlines say that "Myth III Development starts anew" and that their patch is version 1.2.

So the question is: who is actually doing the changes/updates for Myth III? I know the mythdev.com site redirects to flyingflip.com - but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Killswitch
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Their announcement caught everyone's attention. They knew we were turning to Myth 3 next, but decided to make their own update. Whatever.

We have no interest in making a competitive version that'll split the 30 player myth 3 community, so unless everyone hates FF's version we'll keep away from Myth 3. Btw I do wish them the best of luck with their release and hope it goes as well as they're promising.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Someone please post news about this decision on the site here. We don't need more confusion.