!! help

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Nitro

!! help

Post by Nitro »

Hey,

I realize that i could probably find this information in some guide somewhere but i really dont have the time so am asking for some help.

I took the tutorial map and removed all objects and scripting from it. Then i added 2 starts and CTF flags. I also added those observer eyes, one for each team.

Am sure that i added the units/flags/observers correctly - i mean correct teams 0/1.

In fear i selected the "this is not single player map" or something similar to that.

I used the built plugin in fear to make it a plugin (basically u just name the plugin and select the training map tag from the list right? ) and the plugin was exported in my plugin folder.

Although when hosting it appears as a plugin in my plugin selection list it does not appear in the map list so that i can select it.

Any ideas?

thanks,
nit
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Open Fear and uncheck the box "Can Be Used By Demo". Make a new string list tag and in it type whatever you want the name of the map to be. Then open the open the mesh tag for that map again and change Map Description to the string list you created. Build the plugin and see if you can see it then.

Whenever you are making a map out of an existing one use a different Map Description in the mesh tag. Or else you may have two maps with the same name and you will have to guess which is which.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

thanks for the help. I still cant get it to work though :/

i added the description and everything you said but it wont work
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Nitro wrote:thanks for the help. I still cant get it to work though :/

i added the description and everything you said but it wont work
There are a lot of little things that can go wrong, the best thing to do would be to use one of the short mapmaking guides to make sure you've got the basics covered.

A really good short resource that goes over most of the basics is: Cydonian's Mapmaking Tutorial. Since you are starting from an existing map you can probably skip to Sections IV - V, though there is useful info about assigning units and netobjects to teams in the earlier sections.

For a more complete tutorial, I would recommend Heal With Steel's excellent Mapmaking For Newbies.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

ok thanks.

I forgot to click the "is complete" check box so it wouldnt appear.

The map is displayed now but when it loads the game crashes to the menu screen.. any ideas?

seriously all i did was remove everything from training map including objects and removed all scripting/actions. I even removed the flags i had placed earlier to allow just bc.

So all i have is this plain map with units of 2 teams (0 + 1 ) and the 2 eyeballs, one for each team (0 + 1).

And i did everything i had to do in fear. I built the plugin, removed the stuff from my local folder and am only left with the plugin map.

I still get the crash though
i
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

What does your myth_log say. Sometimes it can tell you want is wrong with a plugin/local folder stuff.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

Error: Array Out of Bounds in .\Myth2Code\shapes.c, line #1232: sequence #0 not in [#0,#0) for "00 Training Map" collection

am guessing this is the error..
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

redid it again and it works. only thing i omitted this time were the eyeballs so maybe that was what was causing the error.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Nitro wrote:redid it again and it works. only thing i omitted this time were the eyeballs so maybe that was what was causing the error.
It can't be the eyeballs. It is possible in your first attempt something was left in that caused this problem. Put the eyeballs back in and I bet it will still work.