Non Myth related thread : fallout 3

Talk about anything here.
Enculator

Non Myth related thread : fallout 3

Post by Enculator »

Hi !

The fallout 3 teaser will be released in 19 days.
On the official website there are some great artworks, like :

Are you waiting for this game as much as I am ?
I finished both fallouts several times (and even fallout tactics), but I'm still a bit afraid of what's going to happen.
Since it won't be a PC-only game and since it's bethesda softworks who's developping it (oblivion is not that great)...
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

I can't wait! I loved both games.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Tireces

Re: Non Myth related thread : fallout 3

Post by Tireces »

Enculator wrote:/wasteland.jpg[/img]

Are you waiting for this game as much as I am ?
HELL YES !!!! :D :D :D
I wanted to start such topic myself here few weeks ago.
Ill buy X360 for this game.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

why don't you buy a pc instead :)
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I'm on P4 3Ghz, 512 Ram and GF"crap"5200 - its ok for Myth 1, and 3, Halo, Fallout 1,2 and tactics and Thief 1 and 2 ( shame that this config cant take thief 3)
2 years ago I have decided that I'll upgrade comp for Myth 4 or Fallout 3 - nothing else but there will be xbox version of Fallout 3 amd no1 is making Myth4. Xbox should be cheaper than new comp ( and I still didnt play Halo 2 ;) - and there is xbox version of Thief 3 if I remeber good ).

Btw Encu and Zak - did ya play teh demo of old Fallout 3 (van buren) being made by Interplay ? It have been released recently:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=892

It could be rly cool thing - its totaly unfinished - there is no turn based combat etc etc but I'm sure that it would be better than Fallout: Tactics.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

didnt have a chance to try it yet, since i m in india.
I'll try it ASAP.

btw i liked tactics ! haha..
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Heh I liked Tactics too - but Polish version was bit bugged :(
I have even played Fallout: BoS on PlayStation2 (total crap btw).
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

New great image was added :D Junktown ? Check it out.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

ah yeah nice ! Are those 4 guys posing in front of some kind of big dead corpse ?
Looks like the city is "Paradise falls".
Well those artworks are warming up my heart, mb bethesda will respect the "fallout spirit".

edit : oh, and here is the artwork explained :

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_ ... ic_id=2213

The source for the image with the big boat (dont remember the english name... Aircraft carrier ?)
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_ ... ic_id=2099
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

wooo new image
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

How did ya like trailer - cool music and Ron Perlman and narrator :D :D :D but release date :roll: Fall 2008 :roll: ehhh... I'm also not usre if I like power armor model from trailer....
Contrai

Post by Contrai »

Here is some info from the latest GI magazine. Looks like they really listened to the fans. I especially like the part about not having level scaling like they did with Oblivion.

Code: Select all

- Game runs on an evolved version of the Oblivion engine. Third person view has been reworked since the verdict was that the Oblivion version sucked balls.

- Game starts with your birth and your mother's death in a vault hospital. This is essentially the character customization part of the game. Your father hands you up to have your DNA analyzed and you get to pick out all your character traits. Your dad takes off his mask to reveal similar traits to the ones you picked.

- You grow up in the vault and as you grow you get your first book titled "You're Special" which allows you to choose you baseline stats for each of your 7 primary aptitudes. You'll also get your first weapons and wrist computer (menu) as you get older you'll take tests to determine the initial layout of your skills and traits.

- Every aspect of character creation is based on S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system. Of your 14 skills you can tag 3 to grow at a faster rate than the rest as you level up.

- Battle system is called the Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S.). The article states. "While you'll certainly be able to tackle enemies in real time using first person shooting, V.A.T.S. lets players pause time and select a target at their leisure". Battle system still uses action points, but once you've used them up you'll still be able to fight targets in real time while they charge back up.

- Game is still violent and gory. One of the featured screens is of a guy's head exploding in super gory detail. Apparently all gory deaths in the game will be in slow motion.

- More than one way to play the game. Go balls out and kill people, or sneak past situations, or perhaps talk your way out of situations.

- Enemies can target you just like you can target them, so you can get injured in very specific points on you body. This is in addition to an all new health/radiation system. This new system has you measuring how radiated certain things (like water) are and how they affect you when you consume them.

- Karma system returns

- XP based system, most XP comes from quests

- Level cap is 20

- 9 - 12 possible endings based on your actions in the game

- No level scaling like oblivion, you walk into a high level area, you die horribly.

- There are NPC's you can hire, but this is not a party based game.
Enculator

Post by Enculator »

Thank you for the informations Contrai.

And the trailer, i love it !
Fall 2008 is perfect for me, I'll have money to buy a new computer ;)
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I heard that there will be no more aimed eyes or groin shots :( Teen rated game or what ? o.0
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

::Digs::

So game is avaible for almost 2 months now, any1 played it, how do u like it guys ?