Myth 3 development - Good to hear you're starting m3!

Talk about anything here.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Yeah! Myth 3 development is in progress!

I have a question though, after you finish with the mapmaking tool(s) for Myth 3, will you continue working on Myth 3 1.2, or finish Myth TFL 1.4?

Anyways good to hear Myth 3 is being developed finally!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
CIK

Post by CIK »

We will work on Myth3 1.2....though we have a much larger team then in the past so it's possible that TFL will get taken care of while Myth3 is in progress. Actually TFL is done to bug fixing the OpenGL stuff now. Some of us worked on it during the slow parts of Myth II 1.5 development so TFL is pretty far along.
Wik

Post by Wik »

Might not you want to get M2 to a point where it works as least as well as before you started messing with it? Or is the dive into M3 a distraction away from how bad M2 has become. Please fix M2 first. Please don't say you can do both. If you could I wouldnt be making this post. Thank you.
lank

Post by lank »

wik, i feel a little flat giving you the "standard response", but if you consider there to be bugs in 1.5 it is up to you to specify them and provide us with details. just saying (in effect) that "1.5 sucks" will not do any good - give us films showing us the problems (let us know where and when in the films, so it's easier to find them) and we'll do our best. let us know how to reproduce bugs; nobody wants them, least of all us.

but remember that time is limited - we've released final candidate 1 now, and want to go final soon. if you don't send us anything we can't do anything more.

my personal feeling is that 1.5 (which will end our "messing with" m2, barring 1.5.x patches to fix possible future os conflicts) is at least as good as 1.3, if not much better. signifigant bugs have been fixed, and many powerful new mapmaking features have been added that will take a fair while before their full potential is realised by mapmakers. much of the feedback of which i'm aware is now positive. i'm sorry if you feel 1.5 is subpar, but it's hard to fix problems about which we know nothing.
*toot*