Mill and tain ethics - ...and a lesson in hypocrisy

Talk about anything here.
Archer

Post by Archer »

A .htaccess file would've helped make the leak a lot less troublesome.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Sure, rub my face in it :)

In all seriousness, you're right, but I trusted the Magma membership to keep it secret. And as I said, what mattered more to me was the fact that a screenshot was posted in the first place, I can handle the URL being known, that's easily changeable, first impressions aren't.

I guess I expected too much. Something to bear in mind I suppose...

Edited By Gholsbane on 1084113516
lerabu

Post by lerabu »

I think the Tain is more than VERY MUCH expected by the whole community. Many of us have lug ins stashed away in some form or another and I'll be more than happy to upload the ones I have, I would also be a good idea to talk to PPE over o mythforums, so that the plug ins over there can be transfered to the Tain once it's up and running.

Last time I checked PPE was a pretty decent dude :cool:

Az
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Well for the record, I think the Partially done Tain looks very promising.

Tarous
Spond!Max

Post by Spond!Max »

Gholsbane wrote:I guess I expected too much. Something to bear in mind I suppose...

I told you so.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Don't think you told me anything.

Edited By Gholsbane on 1084218609
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Besides, Graydon (the one who posted the screenshot in question) isn't even a magma member, so what you said is even less applicable Spond, but thanks for coming out.

P.S. No offense intended Gray, everybody makes mistakes, and as long as you learn from them, nobody here is going to hold it against you.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Gotta love a debate here and there.

Hey, have any arguments like this actually been settled in a game of Myth before? I sincerely doubt it (how would you decide where to play it?) but it'd certainly be more entertaining (and, you'd have to solve your problem within the limited time of a Myth game or ten).

The good old Mill? I didn't enjoy the way people at the top were phrasing things at the time. It was all so negative (on both ends). I'm glad I had my maps there, not because it was some sort of popularity contest or anything (you know you're in trouble when you are seeking villification on the internet). I had them there so people could play them. I don't know if the Mill management ever knew my maps were there, or hated them or something, but I know some people did enjoy them.

So uh - to hell with the whole stupid argument. If Magma wants to do a 'Tain' (kickass name, fellas) then let them do it. There's nothing to argue about. If people don't want their plugins up they can simply say so. You can quote me on this Magma - I'd be glad to put one of mine up at your site.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

And I thought Spond quit?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

My bad GB.....I was overly pissed off at some certain individuals...I figured showing certain nay-sayers of your incredible work would shut them up a bit (the thread died quickly afterwards...). Basically I thought to post em because they are...well....great. It's a very promising looking site atm :)
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I'm pretty sure the thread got locked
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Thanks Gray, and I know you're all in high anticipation mode for this site, so I can understand.

I just don't really want to hype it too much, because I'm still not sure how long it's going to take. I'm leading up to my final finals and have got a lot on, but work is still progressing.

Stay tuned is all I can say.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

right on. GL with your finals man! Mine come up in like...3 weeks or so :/
lerabu

Post by lerabu »

After finals parties rock! Bring on the chicks! 9Sorry to be so off-topic btw... :P)
Archer

Post by Archer »

When you put a plugin into the Tain, does it go in kinda slow and lame and come out quick and nasty? (Myrks in Myth 3 vs. Myrks in Myth II)

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.