Myths for os x

Talk about anything here.
huevosrancheros

Post by huevosrancheros »

hi,

i just bought fresh TFL and Myth 2 CDs and am now anxiously waiting for them to come to my door so I can get back that nice sickly whitish skin color from being inside all the time... :)

what updates do I need to play online? I'm running OS 10.3 right now... is there a way to play in this, or does it require the dropback to OS9 all the time? Thanks very much,

mark
huevosrancheros

hey again,

just visited the underdogs website... was very sad to see no tombstone for good for nothin' Ned Hamfist. Oh well... he was a tool anyway.

mark
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

mark, get the latest 1.5 beta (from the projects page) for Myth 2 - it runs natively under OSX. There is a 1.4 for TFL somewhere that's also carbonized, but I'm not sure offhand where to download it.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
huevosrancheros

thanks very much, now i just need the CD to show up and I'll be all good. With the TFL "port"... is myth 1 pretty much done for? That's what it sounds like from here, sad if true.. but at least all you dedicated gentlemen are doing the hard work to keep it alive in some form. Thanks again,

mark

p.s. - the Keep Across the River screenshots from the tfl mapset... oh man.. i am so excited for this CD to come... wow. I feel like a kid again. geez.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

There is still a very small but dedicated TFL population that plays mostly on mnet, but in my opinion, and most other magma members, vTFL in Myth II, with the ported multi and solo levels offers the best experience. It's not a perfect replication of the TFL experience, but it's pretty close. Plus it comes with all the benefits of an updated Myth II, like OpenGL rendering, OS X support, lots of interface improvements, etc.

BTW, is this Ned Hamfist? If so, long time no see! What have you been up to?
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Archer

Post by Archer »

Every so often our group pulls out the original Myth. It's good fun; we need to do it more often.

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
huevosrancheros

hey doob (and everyone),

so much for changing handles, i can't keep my damn mouth shut. I've been going to college at Indiana University for the past two years and pretty much coasting, academically. Just got back for the summer. It's great to see all that you guys have accomplished, i feel honored to have played with all of you and i mean, wow... I was just a stupid high school kid the last time i spent any serious amount of time around Myth, then I didn't really realize, but all of this programming and mapmaking is just unbelievable. Oh, and the Tain sounds like an awesome idea, it's good that they're taking their sweet time bringing it out, just like any good Bungie product... build that suspense, baby. (No one liked the Mill, anyway.)

Umm... once this Myth2 CD comes, if I install the 1.5, will I just be able to log on to m.net, or is there some sort of protocol I have to follow to get a login/password established? I'll install all the magma maps first of course, hopefully this will be happening in a few days and then i can get on ASAP and hopefully play a solid 8 or 10 hours of good old school Creep, Keep, Carnage, dorf riot... oooh yeah... damn, i am so pumped. alright. see yall soon.

mark (formerly, ned hamfist)
huevosrancheros

ok i took care of getting logins for marius and playmyth.

By the way... so much hate in the world! Jeez. Everyone loves the flame war, huh?

So... is there any software I need to install/how do I tell Myth2 which server to connect to, i gues is the question now. Along with.. what's wrong with playing coops? Oh well. The old eyeballs are starting to burn so it's time to go to bed. later.

mark
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

heh, don't worry about the flamewars. Not worth the waste of time to read them. Switching between servers isn't hard, as you'll see when your CD arrives. Perhaps drop in to hl.udogs.net - easier to organize games that way than just hoping to catch us on mnet or playmyth. Although hopefully when 1.5 is done there'll be a lot more time for playing & not so much working :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder