MYTH advertising campaign for 2007

Talk about anything here.
Point

MYTH advertising campaign for 2007

Post by Point »

I think we should have a contest to see who can make some of the best myth game ads and fan films to kick off 2007 some sort of contest with the winners submitted to utube google... myspace etc... videos... would be fun to have some myth videos like they do for other games...

any thoughts on this....

formats size etc....

Categories... like
-----------------
Best overall myth gaming movie

Best Regular myth movie

Best Myth mod conversion movie

Best in game action movie

Best myth storyline movie

Best myth 1.6 advertisement

maybe some prizes...

anyway what are your thoughts.. and who wants to organize this.. into something for people to participate in....

any good tools to suggest to people to use?
farpper
etc...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Yeah, Myth definitly needs some promotion. Question is how to make this good.
Few years ago I have posted on Polish and German games/fantasy forums about PlayMyth.net and Project Magma. Didnt get big responce but few ppl returned/start playing myth.

Maybe we could make mulitlanguage version of "what is Myth?" page ? what say ya ?
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Didn't some people try this a few times on playmyth forums last year and it got nowhere? Half the stuff people made was totally unused though...if anyone can be bothered to find those forum threads we got some stuff ready made.
Maybe we could make mulitlanguage version of "what is Myth?" page ? what say ya ?
Portugese (for Brazillians) and Japanese are the two largest groups already integrated in the community who'd be nice to attract. Most of the Japanese are gone for now though.
Cobalt 7

Post by Cobalt 7 »

I seem to remember a Tokyo 2029 map or something like that made by a Japanese player? Bah, irrelevant to the discussion.

Could any of you recommend a Image recording software for the Mac, preferably one that'sfree?
I decided to look up in the sky, and lo and behold there was a BoB. I stared at him, and he stared back. There was silence for a great while until he said in a thunderous, booming voice..."Okay, Okay, DON'T Frogblast the ventcore."
Baak

Post by Baak »

Cobalt 7 wrote:I seem to remember a Tokyo 2029 map or something like that made by a Japanese player? Bah, irrelevant to the discussion.
[offtopic]

Yep, it's called Tokyo 2021. I recently (January '06) made a "Redux Map" of it with some very minor unit/mesh fixes and the addition of a 2-team (Lichen-style) and 4-team (Venice-style) mesh. It's available on the OoH Downloads page under Baak's Redux Maps. Killer map.

Now back to the topic at hand...

[/offtopic]
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Lets just upload Avon's Hope.

Everyone will be swept away by the sound of a geeky guys voice breaking as he says 'the fate of the Free Cities rests upon me alone'.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I don't know If have my copy of that anymore :(
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Well...yeah the one on playmyth fizzled out, but the trick to not letting that happen, is to not let that happen.

Hmmm...any web-designers with free time want to make a site out of this? Ya know just like a "Myth 10th anniversary page!" something cute, where we could put this contest into something a little more solid than just a forum post.

*Looks at wazza*

-DA
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Death's Avatar wrote:Well...yeah the one on playmyth fizzled out, but the trick to not letting that happen, is to not let that happen.

Hmmm...any web-designers with free time want to make a site out of this? Ya know just like a "Myth 10th anniversary page!" something cute, where we could put this contest into something a little more solid than just a forum post.

*Looks at wazza*

-DA
Did you have something like this in mind maybe?

http://myth-promo.kylemaclean.net/

Is there any interest in a site like this? It seemed like it might be a decent fit, so I just put together a gallery 2 installation and tweaked it a bit for our purposes. What does everyone think?
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

yes yes yes! Looks good doob!

Submit ye peoples! And perhaps link this thread at your various myth community sites!

Lets try and get this rolling so we have some nice stuff to show for myth come birthday time :)

-DA
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Its like a super version of MythClips!
Point

:)

Post by Point »

its a start...

anybody got a link to good movie making tools?
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Rise and fall parody Rocks..

Post by Point »

the trow video and the rise and fall rock... we need more fun stuff like that and a fun site to show them off
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

perhaps I will look into polishing that site up a bit and we can give it a shot if people are interested.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

anyone have a link to that movie cap made last year? tis good, no?
make something idiot proof and they will just make a better idiot