Some bugs

Talk about anything here.
Sav

Post by Sav »

I would report these to the bug tracker, but that's one of the problems.

1. The bug tracker seems to reset itself, losing all the bug reports.
2. OS X command-tabbing sometimes produces endless 333333 in the chat window as if typed. Hitting any key stops it.
3. I have a film of units getting stuck to each other so none can move. This problem predates 1.5 but it is annoying when it happens.
4. Hitting f10 used to show all the units' health bars. Now it just makes a big mess in OS X.
5. Had a coop game that did not advance on restart from a win.
6. I've noticed units getting "stuck" when walking around corners, where they used to be able to walk around them fine on auto. One repeatable example seems to be duffs getting caught on the left edge of the bridge early on forge.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Guest wrote:1. The bug tracker seems to reset itself, losing all the bug reports.
Managed to fix that one at least, I'd strangle it but it's kind-of useful when it works =)
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

2. OS X command-tabbing sometimes produces endless 333333 in the chat window as if typed. Hitting any key stops it.

not myth related, i have that between other programs as well (you on osX.2.6???)

4. Hitting f10 used to show all the units' health bars. Now it just makes a big mess in OS X.

not for me, still shows all health here...

6. I've noticed units getting "stuck" when walking around corners, where they used to be able to walk around them fine on auto. One repeatable example seems to be duffs getting caught on the left edge of the bridge early on forge.

I'll ask it for them -> film...
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
I'll ask it for them -> film...
jOO go BB !! :oD[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ok, not sure about #2.

#3 is simply due to Myth 2 allowing units to clump. Occasionally they clump so close they get stuck. 1.4 forced them apart a little to prevent this but was met with cries of dismay from players & hence 1.4.1 set them back to clumping again.

#4 well F10 works fine for me (OSX 10.3.2) - perhaps you've got the F10 key defined as "show all apps" under OSX?

#5 - sometimes that just happens, and not with co-ops. Happened back in 1.3 as well.

#6 - if you have a film them please upload to udoghl, otherwise I'll try and somehow find the time to replicate it..
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

It seems like the bug trackers and wishlists for all of your other projects are broken as well. Must of been a Cinco de Mayo Bug or something

Tarous
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

I reported one that seems to be gone now:

Myth doesn't show up on my dock when I'm running it. OSX 10.2.6

Also since I installed, the system keeps changing my "remember recent application, documents & servers" preferences to 0 and I can't change it back!
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Best Bet: Update to 10.2.8! It works fine in 10.2.8!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

Krusader wrote:Best Bet: Update to 10.2.8! It works fine in 10.2.8!
works fine in my 10.2.6 as well
CIK

Post by CIK »

ETB...I'm afraid I don't have an X 10.2 system any more to test on, but it sounds that since other people are reporting it works ok for them that the problem my be with your system.

Your recent items not working points to some serious system problems. My first version of the OS X auto installer didn't work, but it only screw up stuff in the Myth II folder, it didn't touch anything outside of that.

I'd suggest first running the disk utility app and fixining your permissions.
Next mb try upgrading to 10.2.8, it sounds like you have some broken system stuff and if you lucky 10.2.8 will replace what ever's broken with a new version, if your unlucky it may completely screw up your system.

Final step if you used the auto installer for your PB#2 install, download the current version and run it again, it fixes the screw ups of the first one. This is really a long shot because it really sounds to me like your copy of X has issues.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Also feel free to email any films to cik at projectmagma.net, while we try to sort out this buged bug tracker.