Myth ii/iii full version - Its a long shot but...

Talk about anything here.
Arutha

Post by Arutha »

I figure its at least worth a try.

I went to the store today and saw Myth III for 10 bucks (!) but it made no distinction as to its being for mac or pc, turns out it was pc, and im on a mac.

Seeing as its now discontinued, as is Myth II, i cant find either game for mac anywhere (im also in australia). So to cut to the chase im hoping perhaps someone here can help me out with a full version of either game to download.

Kind of a bummy thing to do yes, but seing as both are now discontinued and are being sold for less than alot of 2nd hand games, theres not much harm done really.

So there you go, theres my plea. Help me out or not, but it was worth a try.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Just buy the PC version. Thats what I use on my mac.
All you have to do is copy the files onto your mac, and then install the Updates from Magma.

Worked for me anyway

Gluck
Tarous
Arutha

Post by Arutha »

That one for 10 bucks i mentiond, i did buy it.

Now how do you mean copy 'em ?, just drag everything from the disc into a folder, and then use an update thingy ?

Im on a g4, OS 9.2.2, if someone could provide a link for this update id really appreciate it, not to mention the good karma you'll get for curing the stereotypical 'newbie needing help' syndrome.
Stink hot at 5 am when the machine starts up again. The sky is still pink, All hail the new flesh.
CIK

Post by CIK »

OS 9 ouch....The latest Myth III updates are not exactly made to work on OS 9, they may but have only been tested under OS X.

I don't have my Myth III PC disk handy but I sort of remeber it having a lot of the files inside a installer .cab file. What you need from the PC disk are the the tag & movies folders. You may need to install on a PC and then copy the files over or find a .cab extractor.

The other bad news the CD Check will screw you up, the Mac & PC CDs have different names. I disable it for the betas, so its not a problem for now...

The latest updates are currently at [url=http://myth.mjwire.com,]http://myth.mjwire.com,[/url] they will be moving to magma.net once I get some time.