Magne is power abusing - My name is locked to complete noob

Talk about anything here.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

No wonder myth2 sucks as you use all ur time for such thing as locking my name to complete n00b.

Way to go champs- Thanks for proving my points. I am being critical and get my name changed to complete noob. very cool I must say.

Bugma sucks at making code no doubt so when I point this out, they know im right and have to "take me." Of course the only way they wanna do it is in a way which make it impossible for me to defend myself. Typical magma. got no balls at all.

They manage to patch myth and make a lot more bugs then the original game..then when somebody raise their voice they decide to play a fun joke with him. Haha god damn idiots.

What is the next "feature" form magma building stuff into the game which makes them able to cheat when playing? wouldnt suprise me at all. They prove to be non serious and they will fuck up myth2. belive my word

fuck u
Acheron LoA&BME
Spade

Post by Spade »

CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

Whoever did this at Magma just put a dent in your guys credability.

Yall should apologize asap.
ducky

Post by ducky »

yeah. no matter how retarded acheron can be, this was one of those things better said than done.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

I think your sentiments are shared by many in magma and some kind of statement will be forthcoming. Just give us a little time to figure out where we all stand on this.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
lank

Post by lank »

I am being critical and get my name changed to complete noob.

and abusive at every stage of the way. if i were coding i'd be tempted to do the same.

of course, that doesn't justify it in a larger ethical sense, but it certainly wouldn't bother me as a individual speaking in my own right (not magma's) if it never changed back.

Bugma sucks ... got no balls at all ... god damn idiots ... fuck u

when you scatter crap like this (disregarding all your blatant sarcasm) through every single post referring to magma (i haven't seen one post about magma where you haven't taken shots at the group) no wonder someone felt inspired to do such a thing. even if it was downright unethical.

What is the next "feature" form magma building stuff into the game which makes them able to cheat when playing? wouldnt suprise me at all.

it would surprise me. your name change (however appropriate it may seem, to read all your n00bish whining and complaining - you're not reporting bugs unless you do it properly, stupid; send films and include a detailed description of exactly what the bug is) will be reversed in the next release, as will the appropriation of the comet.

They prove to be non serious and they will fuck up myth2. belive my word

why should we believe you? you've only once to my knowledge supplied anyone with anything that constitutes a full bug report, and that was the osx crash log just when b2 came out.

to sum up: you shouldn't have had your name changed like that, but i don't believe you don't deserve it. you should be thankful you've had a voice on these forums for as long as you have, given the way you've written on them; any other development group would have censored you long ago.

i do hope the responsible party apologises to you or has apologised. it's the only thing i feel anyone owes you.
*toot*
SneakAttack

Post by SneakAttack »

I actually find jokes like that pretty funny, and I laughed reading your post ach :lol: . But seriously though these kinds of jokes are not needed especially while there are still bugs in the game :;):
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Acheron, I'm sure your apology will be delivered as soon as you end your own abusive behavior. Complaints and bug reports are what Magma has been asking for, but your CONSTANT vulgarity, slurs and insults have more than crossed the line. It's one thing to not agree with something, it's another to constantly insult people under a lot of pressure. You've been tolerated because we want any and all bug reports, but you've obviously grated on people's nerves. The way CIK made fun of you isn't 1/10,000th as bad as what you've been spewing.

Go try your attitude in the real world, and if you're lucky, you'll only be made fun of; if you're not lucky, you'll end up in the hospital. Go try your attitude with Blades or anyone else at PlayMyth, and see if they don't keep you from playing AT ALL instead of with just "complete noob" for a name in the metaserver lobby.

Even though you didn't pay for it, the 1.5 beta comes with a return policy. You don't have to like 1.5, but get rid of the dillusion that we owe you and you have a right to keep up your vulgaritites if you don't get what you want. As you obviously hate 1.5 and Magma with such unrestrained passion, what makes you think we should have it work for you at all? Again, go try your crap with PlayMyth and see if they feel obliged not to lock your account.

CIK's joke was hardly in the best interest of Magma's PR, but maybe since the ONLY reason he's been doing so much work (in exchange for attacks from Acheron, Clem, Blades and Spond) is supposed to be because it's fun, he decided he didn't care about PR in this case, and went and had some of that fun. No one else knew about it till after the beta was released, but God knows we needed the laugh. Was it dumb? Yeah. Irresponsible? Maybe. Undeserved? Go back and read all of Acheron's posts and imagine someone said that stuff to you.

Of course, anyone else would have more than reason to be upset if CIK pulled this on them, and CIK did - he goofed on Iron's name just as bad. At any rate, as CIK's comment in the code states:

if (player.metaserver_player_id == 66) { // Build 226 - PAB - Fix Me - I'm being very bad today - Remove this for the GM build or Archeron will never forgive me
strcpy(player.appearance.name,"|icomplete noob");

In other words, it's going to be removed.
lerabu

Post by lerabu »

So the final release is gonna have a special 'feature'? ;) J/K
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

And Acheron, you needn't wait till the final release for your name back. The name thing only affects metaserver player ID 66, so ask Blades to give you a new account till 1.5 final is released. Considering he's so morally outraged that he's again contacting people to try to shut down Magma, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
BladesP9

Post by BladesP9 »

Now there's a novel concept! "We won't fix the lameness in our code so we'll just get PlayMyth to issue you a new userid"..... talk about bass-ackward
antiacheron

Post by antiacheron »

my opinion is that acheron,magne and a few others are the ones that caused many to leave myth. I wish there was a permanent mute feature so i wouldnt have to listen to their bullshit for years on end.
Nae'blis
Site Admin

Post by Nae'blis »

Guest wrote:Now there's a novel concept! "We won't fix the lameness in our code so we'll just get PlayMyth to issue you a new userid"..... talk about bass-ackward
Who said anything about not fixing it?
Spond!Max

Post by Spond!Max »

I'll make this real short and put it into the context it needs to be in. Magma is the developer. Acheron is the consumer or end user. Many of Magma's member act as a sort of liason to the develper portion, and some act as tech support. Now you have the context this belongs in.

In the real world of software development, you have asshole customers. It's a fact of life. I happen to make my living in this field, and I find Magma's "send us a film" mentality to be unprofessional. I get a good detailed description of the problem from my clients, build a server to reproduce the issue, and then fix the thing. Been paying the rest for years this way, and nobody ever complained. I not once built into the code "The CIA Sucks" or "Solomon Smith Barney is n00bish". Not a flame, just my opinion. Notice the lack of cusswords and soforth :0
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

the big difference Spond is that you do what you do for a living. You're paid to put up with "asshole customers". And as its your (I assume) full time job then you have the luxury of spending time chasing down each and every bug report, no matter how obscure.

We are volunteers, being paid nothing by anyone. We neglect our families and other commitments in order to provide what support we can in our spare time. We simply cannot spend hours and hours on end trying to replicate every issue that someone reports - whereas that person was there, saw it and could very easily hit the Save Replay button. Nevertheless we do try to replicate bugs when the user provides a good description of how they made it happen.

Asking for community co-operation to help identify and resolve issues may be unprofessional for a company that sells product, but it is not for a volunteer community group. It is the most practical means available, and we're not the first to employ it.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder