Magne is power abusing - My name is locked to complete noob

Talk about anything here.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Spond the code is all in straight C. It's been cleaned up a ton from what Bungie had shipped.

You have no idea how ugly game programmers make some of there stuff.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

I personally found this hilarious, it seems fitting that after all the name calling Acheron made in regards to 1.5 that 1.5 call him names right back =P

Besides, Beta2 isn't really an official release, we'd never put anything like that into a release version.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

Yes but the fact that is being ignored is that THIS IS STILL A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT. Take 2 still owns rights to this game, and we're LUCKY to have people with the ability to modify the code. But pulling bullshit like this is the best way to lose that ability.

Fix the fucking game and leave your own erectile insecurities out of the code. I can barely play m2 anymore because of your retarded "upgrades" -- I average 15 fps on singleplayer STILL with beta 2.

You make the game unplayable, don't fix bugs that are reported (HELLO -- THE TROW STICK BUG IS LIKE 10X WORSE NOW) and yet you waste time programming stupid little pranks like this into your code.

I've been nice until now, but fuck you magma.
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
thief of chickens

Post by thief of chickens »

Very unprofessional...Childish, even.

Of course, the standard response to that is: We aren't professionals! We are doing this in our free time and with no pay! We ARE children!! Wah wah wah wah.

What else do you do in life that you don't get paid for? Well...Everything besides your job. WOW. WHAT A REVELATION. PERHAPS I NEED NOT EXPLAIN THIS ANY FURTHER. I HOPE NOT.

Do the job right, or don't do it at all.
Check out my diablo 2 characts on ebay. www.ebay.com
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
haravikk wrote:I personally found this hilarious, it seems fitting that after all the name calling Acheron made in regards to 1.5 that 1.5 call him names right back =P
I must agree vikk. ;o)

::wipes tears from face, picks self up from floor holding sore gut from laughing so hard::

If I had read this post a split/second sOOner, I woulda had soda spewing out my nose. ;op

Man, its been awhile since I had a gut wrenching laugh like this. THANKS !! :oD[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
CIK

Post by CIK »

El Tainted Blissarino wrote:You make the game unplayable, don't fix bugs that are reported (HELLO -- THE TROW STICK BUG IS LIKE 10X WORSE NOW) and yet you waste time programming stupid little pranks like this into your code.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm also sorry if you submitted info on this bug before also.

If you could please email me a film with the details of what's not right and when it happens to cik at projectmagma.net that would be great.

We are gearing up for final release and as each day passes the time needed to QA gameplay changes is slipping away quickly.

Edited By CIK on 1083860121
thief of chickens

Post by thief of chickens »

CIK wrote:We are gearing up for final release and as each day passes the time needed to QA gameplay changes is slipping away quickly.
Glad to hear you hobby coders are utilizing your time wisely and coding little pranks into the game.

Way to maim a great Bungie game.
Check out my diablo 2 characts on ebay. www.ebay.com
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Way to maim a great Bungie game.
MAIM!? Oh grow up! It changes Acherons name, whoopty fOOkin do!

"OMG!! That just ruins Myth for me and everyone else, Myth will never be the same, forever ruined by Acheron having Complete nOOb as a name."

FYI, this effects NO-ONE but Acheron, so get off it. ;o/[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ok let's tone it down a bit here....

Acheron & I have both gotten over it and moved on.

Now let's find some bugs in this thing. I'm getting bored here waiting for some game play bug reports.

The cosmetic bugs reports are good too, but we need time to QA any game play fixes and time is running out.
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

Not Found
The requested URL /cache/reports/4-1-front.html was not found on this server.

so how do I report bugs now?

I did report the trow stick bug, but I was told that it "wasn't a gameplay issue"*, thus I didn't bother saving films. This problem is so rampant that I'll log on and play a few games of clash or trow tomorrow and I'm sure I'll have at least one film of it.

*if you want, I'll look up the post where I was told this.
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

GDI something weird is up with this thing, it's back again though

Aha! Got it! Shouldn't break anymore now

Edited By haravikk on 1083879445
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

TB we definitely need a film of it. The sooner the better as well. Thanks.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Possum Stu

Post by Possum Stu »

When I read about this stunt, I thought it was a cute prank. Then I read Asteron's forum posts about it and the joke got funnier and funnier.

Anyway, I think this is what Ahcerohn must have looked like when he discovered what was happening.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
Anyway, I think this is what Ahcerohn must have looked like when he discovered what was happening.
LMAO !!

Too funi man!! Thanks !! :oD[/color]
SneakAttack

Post by SneakAttack »

Hey hey hey, lets all just get along. After all we all share something in common here... We all want Myth around. Maybe Magma does more inside testing, maybe the community does some more bug reports, maybe we all just get along and playmyth. I'm not fond of any of these bullshit bugs either, but what the hell were not going back to 1.3 or 1.4.x any time soon, and getting magma to make 1.3 with no gameplay changes and just other features is like beating a dead horse (no flame bait here magma, you know it's true :D and hell it's understandable no one wants gameplay bugs)! So stay focused people, the bitchin' ain't helpin', and magma the irresponsibility with your releases needs to be cleaned up, I understand your not paid developers, but c'mon lets see some professionalism :p Maybe you all just need to listen to some tunes, Hendrix, Audioslave, Dead, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machine, pick your poison!