Edits on myth ii code. - You don't want to read me.

Talk about anything here.
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

O.K.

There are 2 classes of people:
• those who like the innovations Mythdev and Project Magma brought in Myth II
• those who dislike them.

I got a solution to make everyone happy: create a version of Myth II which only fixes bugs made by Bungie and then lock it.

Then, start working on a module that adds new features or makes major gameplay fixes (the level "Twice Reborn" would enter this second category).

Add radio buttons like "Basic Mode", "Enhanced Mode" to the "Start a New Game" dialogs and allow people to switch easily from a mode to the other. This way there wouldn't be compatibility problems even while playing with other persons on the net.

-----------

I'm sorry, but I must say I don't like changes to the code like the one which changes the name "Acheron" to "Complete Noob".

I have always been on the part of the admins, everywhere & everytime, you know, but I must say it somewhat looks like a childish act.

[EDIT] Let me edit this. I am not forgiving Acheron, and I generally tend to dislike all the persons which bully new players. Read it once again, I simply don't like changes to the code [/EDIT].

-----------

Thanks for your time.

:nocomment:
Taskman

Post by Taskman »

Connect your brains and post a reply, you are lagging! :lol:
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

Couldn't you have posted this in one of the 30 other threads about this topic :-/
Anyway, making two versions in the same game would be a lot more trouble than it's worth, especially since the differences are really minimal. Having to update and install Myth as it is now is too hard for some people.