Ghol baggies

Talk about anything here.
Possum Stu

Post by Possum Stu »

I have a teeny tweak to suggest. When a ghol picks something up, it is supposedly placed in a little baggie around its neck. You select the ghol and reveal its character name and quote and stuff (F9?), and a tiny icon appears of that little sack in the upper right hand corner.

Instead of the baggie, could the icon actually show what the ghol is carrying? Suppose you have pus-satchel set up with three ghols carrying satchels and one with a big pus packet. It'd be cool to be able to see the contents of the little baggie rather than just be told the ghol is carrying something.
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

This wouldn't be possible without majorly reworking the way the monster tag works, because the icon in the status bar must be part of the unit's collection. In order to display an icon for every different thing a ghol can carry, you'd need to have the monster tag reference many different collections, something that is not really possible or practical.

Also, showing exactly what a ghol is carrying would upset game balance a lot, since ghols carrying puss would be much more important targets than those carrying dwarf heads. If you somehow wanted to make the actual contents of the ghol's inventory viewable to only the owner of the ghol, that too would require some major code rewriting.
Mauglir
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

well only the owner/team of the ghol would (hopefully) be able to see what it is carying. You can't tell if enemy ghols are carying anything now. What I generally do is rename my ghols so I remember what they are carying.

Post by »

Would it be possible to group carried items? For example, if you are carrying an explosive it shows a satchel charge, if you are carrying puss, it shows a puss packet, and if its just some random thing off the ground, leave it as the ghol baggie. I don't think you'd even have to create new pics and textures either. Maybe someone can make a plugin or a patch after 1.5 comes out to implement this. I'll take a look into it.
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Heroes of Coop is a plug where it shows what the item that has been picked up is.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
igmo

Post by igmo »

i just name my ghols b for bomb, p for pus.
lerabu

Post by lerabu »

I just rush my ghols and hope for the best...

No reallY, I do presets for each type of ghol, who uses 9 and 0 anyway? Well I heard evilraybeez (TFL marius), known as Rabs on PM I think and always carries fancy names, uses 10 presets on Grave...
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

I name my pus ghols mort and my mort ghols pus, that way people target the mort ghols first
what the hell is the pword to my old account?

Post by »

now i know, when i play you which to target first ;)
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.