1.5 installer wont run osx

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
btravis

Post by btravis »

I have mac OS X 10.2.8, and when I try to use the (full) installer, it starts the app, and then after going through all the confirmation, tries to begin installing and just says error:please resart the installer. Any one know how to fix this/have any suggesstions?
msheets

Post by msheets »

Go into the file menu and show the log, then make sure show everything (or soething like that) is selected. Try it then, and post the log.
- Infininight #CP#V
btravis

Post by btravis »

Myth II Installation Log
Target Selection
_volumeAppeared: Adding volume Macintosh HD
deactivate: removing all cells from _volumeMatrix
Selected volume "Macintosh HD"
Mounted at: /
OpenFirmware: pci2/ata-6@D/@0:9
Partition type: HFS+
Partition map: disk0s9
Partition: 9
Protocol: ATA
Media Type: Generic
Volume Size: 61486735360
Install Failed
Error detected
Name: NSInvalidArgumentException
Reason: *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value

-------
Here it is. Thanks for the help.
msheets

Post by msheets »

Not sure what to say there, sounds like Installer is crashing and doing so so early that the package probably isn't the issue. I'd download the manual and update that way, and look at maybe getting a fresh copy of Installer from a buddy if you can.
- Infininight #CP#V
btravis

Post by btravis »

Thanks, will do.
Skaak

Post by Skaak »

I tried to install Myth II using the Installer included with the 1.5 update so that I wouldn't have to do the Classic thing, and had the same problem (I'm also running 10.2.8). When I installed using the CD's installer (did the Classic thing), and then ran the updater from the 1.5 download, the updater worked fine.

I don't know what the deal is, but thought PM folks would like to know that the installer doesn't appear to work for 10.2.8.

Skaak