Lagging out on final - Laggin out.. sigh

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
CIK

Post by CIK »

With out more information that would be very hard to do.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

any info on the current topic yet CIK?
-Ricochet
kabal

Post by kabal »

I'm on a 2.2 Ghz Dell 56k (never been prob before) running software mode and I get over 80 fps on the new patch up from 67.34 on others but since I lag like mad on every host every min I freeze for 20 secs if you need anything else tell me
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ricochet what I can tell you is that the windows networking code used in 1.4.x, 1.5fc1 TCPIP.dll, and 1.5 final are all over old and use a much different code then PB#1 & #2 did. We where getting numerous complaints that seemed to point towards the networking code so we reverted it back to 1.4.x at the last min. Just to remove a piece from the puzzle. I think that I will have to make an alternate windows build for folks like you that have problems with the 1.4.x code base unless I can find something in the code.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

that works for me CIK... as long as I can play some myth again I'm cool with whatever you create. Thanks for the hardwork, it's much appreciated.
-Ricochet
kabal

Post by kabal »

CIK any foundation on my prob I was fine on fc1 up until June 2nd and then it died on me so any kind of help is appreciated thanks
kabal

Post by kabal »

iron or someone at magma tell me what is going on with my computer I posted specs earlier and have gotten no help with my problem I would really like the support
CIK

Post by CIK »

I'm afriad its a Windows networking issue and none of us are networking gurus on Windows. We have gathered enough info to see that some people had better luck the the OpenPlay.dll versions vs the 1.4.x networking code. We are now trying to find a happy solution for all. The biggest issue is we can't reproduce the problem.
kabal

Post by kabal »

I was fine until fc1 and final even on 1.4.4 I was great its something in these codes and I used to get 67.34 fps and now it jumps anywhere from 200 - almost 300 all the time.