last set of Q's! - or second to last

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

I have finished my colormap thanks to people like ozone and gray.

now new questions are here for your answering pleasure!

hah!.... anyways

1. i have a waterfall model on my map, but i do not want it to reflect in my river, is there a way to make a model not be reflected?

2. i want to make a unit with a shield block more often, is there a way to do this?

3. i am using units from 2 creation plugins, must i contact them or are they free for using now?

thanks rogues!
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

1. I don't know.

2. Yes

3. You are not allowed to use any Creation units without written permission to do so. You might get permission, you might not, but you have to ask for it, ESPECIALLY TSG UNITS, which are under very strict legal documents and are not to be used EVER.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

wait what the f are u serious!!??? and how do you do the sheild thing?
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

If you're using the Units off of http://mythaddict.atvcowboy.com/mapmaking_Resources.php
You have been given permission to use them so long as you give proper credit to the respective creators. There are some great units there.

If you extracted these units yourself, you'll find that getting permission isn't that hard, if you just ask.

Head on over to http://artdroid.com/creationgames to find contact info.

Edited By TarousZars on 1120778605
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Or you can always dig out Cydonians email from some dark and dusty passageway, and email the creator of the units for any Creation plugin and get express permission from him. Since he created them, it's pretty much his call as we've found out with TFV. I personally dont have Cydonians email, but if you can track it down, you might find him easier to deal with than some other people.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

1. This depends on if the model is the only thing you don't want reflecting, if you go into Media Types and find the type of media you are using, then you can switch off reflections (Loathing ignores this so fire-up Myth if you want to check). Other than that though it is not possible to remove model reflections, although that said it might be possible with some toying around in Vegas, but I haven't touched that program for a while.

2. It's one of the new monster flags, if you have access to a PC version of Fear then the updated version has actual options for these, otherwise you're going to have to enter numbers into terrain costs.
Please see this PDF for details on the terrain costs you need to enter:
http://hl.udogs.net/files....tes.pdf
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: