Acceptable Tag Extractor - Need to find this, and learn how to use

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
dreamofthegun

Post by dreamofthegun »

I'm new to mapmaking and currently fooling around with the idea of using some different units than normal myth, I know there was a tag extractor plugin which allowed you to extract tags from different unit sets and maps into fear and loathing for your own enjoyment but all the links to this extractor that i've found are now defunct. Does anyone know where I can find it? Secondly, I heard it is a tough plug to use so if it can be found does anyone have any basic advice on getting started?

Thanks a ton guys
lank

Post by lank »

for mac:
[urlhttp://hl.udogs.net/files/Gaming/%20Myth%20Series/Myth%20II%20-%20Soulblighter/Utilities/TagExtractor1.0.sit[/url]

for windows:
http://hl.udogs.net/files....hoe.zip

both are easy to use (i think they're straightforward to figure out, though by all means ask if you need help :) ).

i'm sorry i can't offer any advice at the moment, but i have to study for an exam tomorrow. i thought i'd at least give you a slight start while i could. :)

good luck and have fun!
*toot*
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

For windows, you linked to Tahoe. The windows extractor is called Topaz. I believe Tahoe is a lousy collection editor.

Topaz can be found at the Fallen's Vengeance website (link in my sig), and probably on the udogs hotline.

A-Red
lank

Post by lank »

oops! yes, replace "tahoe" in the url i gave by "topaz".

i'd forgotten which was which and thought "amber" -> "topaz" for collections. therefore... i was wrong. :p
*toot*
dreamofthegun

Post by dreamofthegun »

lank thanks for the link and now for my first idiotic question

i extracted the entire wild west thing just to experiment with putting different tagset units on normal myth maps, the tag extractor was easy and i extracted everything, i put everything properly in the local folders and loathing recognized the units, only problem is that it only recognized them on their own (WildWest) maps, if i want to add units to the normal maps they will only allow original myth 2 units including if i try to add units on the West maps, how do i get the add unit scroll list to recognize the new units?

Thanks man
Industry

Post by Industry »

Double click on the Unit Tool icon in the Loathing Tool bar...
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

That sounds like a somewhat unique problem... I can't recall, but does Wild West use a tagset with the maps? If so, the tagset holds all the unit information, and the maps themselves just use 'placeholders'. When the tagset is activated with the maps, the units show up. If you're doing your mapmaking in the same folder as your normal Myth 2 directory (I personally have an entirely seperate install for my mapmaking and multiple local folders :) ) with all your plugins, that might explain the problem.

Have you tried messing around with some other tagsets to see if you get similar problems? Try for example, Bushido and WW2? Or extracting specific units from some plugins.. Creation maps had lots of unique units on lots of their maps: Homeland series comes to mind.

Keep at it, don't give up! :)

Edited By Graydon on 1119280401
dreamofthegun

Post by dreamofthegun »

I got it to work, just needed a little fiddling around, yes the Wild West plug came with maps and not the tagset but the units could be extracted too, totally cool to see Outlaws blowing the shit out of Soulless every once in a while :p thanks for all the help if i have any other problems i will let ya know

now to try and tackle simple scripting....god help me :laugh: