Strange thing - same

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I have 2 versions of Myth installed. One that I use to build maps on it is the 1.5 beta (just because I am to lazy to update.) The other is the 1.5 final that I use to play with and test plugs. Here is the strange thing.

I have a unit that has 2 specials. One special is heal which uses roots. I have it set with 0 range and can be used on friendly units. The other special is a ranged attack that uses mana. So on the Beta version if you hit T (special key for me) then click on the unit, no matter how much mana it has it uses the heal. If you hit T and click away from the unit it uses the special attack.

Now when I play the plugin on the 1.5 final version. The heal doesnt work unless all the mana is used up first. I have tried it a few different ways. I removed the mesh from the Beta version to make sure I was definately playing off the plugin. It worked correctly (Healed without mana having to be used up.) So I know it isnt a problem with the plugin. No matter what though playing on the 1.5 final the mana has to be used up to be able to heal. Any ideas why this might be. Or what I can do to get it to work right? Thanks

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1117028212
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

The ammo based heal has a range of 0, so I assume the casting unit can only heal itself. Not sure what else is going on, but in your attack window, the ammo based heal attack should be listed before the mana based one. Also try playing with the ranges - give the ammo based heal attack 0.0 to 0.1 range, and the mana based attack 0.15 to whatever range.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

make both your attacks so that they can be targetted on friendly units. I had same problem and I believe thats how i fixed it
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Sam The Butcher

The thing is everything works just right on the 1.5 beta. Itt doesnt on the 1.5 final. Why the difference?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

The 1.5 is a poor reference build. It probably works that way on it because of some bug that was later fixed. You should test against the 1.5.1 final instead.
Sam The Butcher

I should have been more exact in my description. On the 1.5.1 Public Beta everything works fine. I can use the heal special (uses roots) while still having mana that the other special uses. On 1.5.1 Build 258 (what it says top left at start menu)it doesnt work. I cant use the heal special without 1st depleting all the mana for the attack special. There isnt another 1.5.1 is there? 1.5.1 build 258 is the final? If I had the wrong one I couldnt play with everyone else right?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

did you try what I said?
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Sam The Butcher

Ok Zeph I tried it. It worked!! I should have tried it when you 1st suggested it. Was my bad I though MB I hadnt explained it correctly so you misunderstood. I wonder why it works differently on the other version? Thanks for helping.

EDIT: The only thing with it like this. I can only use the heal for the unit itself by setting the ranges to 0. Or I could accidently (if I give the heal a short range) attack a friendly unit if the unit is not close enough for the heal to work. The attack has a range of 3-15. For what I am doing it would be alright. The other way from the 1.5.1 Beta works better though.

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1117121572