Pregame Bitmaps and Color Tables - How to make a bmp match a color table?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Hello all!

I have an already existing Pregame collection, but I have edited some of the bitmaps contained within the collection. I made sure to use only already existing colors that are in sync with the color table, but I cannot find a way to resave the bmp file using the color table in question. I am using Photoshop 7 to alter the pregame images and Amber for the collections.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Going off memory here...

If you open an indexed bitmap and try to edit it, Photoshop should take into account the fact that you are dealing with a limited color table and only let you use colors that are in the table. Therefore, the color table is already in the file.

However, if you changed the image to RGB to do some editing, then you'll need to change it once again to Indexed. You might need to change the Palette to adaptive to make it match the colors you've used.

Like I said, I'm writing this from memory. Anyone want to chime in and correct me? :;):
lank

Post by lank »

i only have ps6, but you should be able to take the master colour table and save it as a separate file. you can then import it as a custom table to all the other bitmaps when you index them. if they're already indexed and have different colour tables, convert them to RGB and re-index with the master table.
*toot*
Lothar

Post by Lothar »

Thank you!