Deleting Units - does not work

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Tell me exactly what unit sets you are using, for atleast 2 of the difficulty settings. With the min/max for the trades. Like I said before I may have an idea. So if you give me the exact units I can see if it would work. I always tell myself with all the different commands and ways to combine them almost anything is possible. So I understand your frustration. Its like you know something has to work just have to figure out what.

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1112103989
Phex

Post by Phex »

Ok, here is the unit set for ONE player (I think the most lucid one):

The first number means visible units (they would appear if unit trading is disabled), the second number in brackets means total tradeable amount of units of this type. All units can be traded from 0 to maximum in brackets.

<span style='font-family:Courier'>
Timid Simple Normal Heroic Legendary
Archer 2(3) 3(4) 4(6) 7(8) 8(10)
Guard 3(8) 3(8) 5(8) 5(10) 12(16)
Mage 1(1) 1(1) 1(2) 2(2) 2(2)
Giant 0(0) 0(0) 0(1) 0(2) 0(3)
Wasp 0(6) 2(8) 2(10) 2(20) 5(25)</span>

As you can see when you look at it closer, there is no other possibility than deleting a few units on following difficulty levels:

<span style='font-family:Courier'> Timid Simple Normal Heroic Legendary
Archer 1
Guard 2 1
Mage 1 1
Giant
Wasp </span>

For other players the amount of units that have to be deleted is a lot bigger, so its not possible to just ignore it...

Thank you for your encouragement! Image

rgds,
- Phex
Sam The Butcher

Ok I think I got it. The only differences would be 12 max Wasps instead of 10 on normal difficulty, hopefully that will be ok. Also units players get with no UT would be different, but maybe without the UT you can use the delete. So you may have to do 2 things to get it to work with and without UT. I took it that the (#) number was the max number of the unit type. Thats right, right? Also I don't know all the units you have so I assumed the point values. (You could always remake the units to reflect the UT point values) The main thing that matters is that players have enough points to get the max of a unit type. Heres the points I assumed. With the assumed points I made the totals for each difficulty equal the same as you had. You could probably adjust things if I have some points wrong.
Arc=3 Guard=2 Mage=8 Giant=(didnt matter) Wasp=1

I had to make a chart for this on paper. I will try to convert it here hopefully it will make sence.

Timid units = T \Visible=uppercase\Invisible=lowercase
Simple=S \ s
Normal= N

Heroic= H \h
Legend= L \l

Timid units + point total= 20 Simple units+point total 25
Visible\Invisible\Max Visible\Invisible\Max
Arcs TT \t \ 3 TTS \ t \ 4
Guards TTT \ttttt \8 TTT \ttttt\ 8
Mage T\ \ \1 T \ \ 1
Wasp \tttttt \ 6 SS \tttttt \ 8

Normal units + point total= 32 Heroic units+point total=49
Visible\Invisible\Max Visible\Invisible\Max
Arcs TTSN \ tn \ 6 TTSNHH \tn\ 8
Guards TTT \ ttttt\ 8 TTTHH\ ttttt\ 10
Mage T \ n \ 2 T
\ 2
Wasp SSNNNN \tttttt\ 12 SSNNNNHHHHHHH\tttttth\ 20

Legend units + point total=69
Visible\Invisible\Max
Arcs TTSNHHLL\tn\ 10
Guards TTTHHLLLLLL\ttttt\ 16
Mage T
\ 2
Wasp SSNNNNHHHHHHHLL\tttttthlll\ 25

So this works for the units you gave me except for the 2 things I said. That hopefully wont matter much. You should be able to do this with any unit set MB minus a unit or 2. Main thing is to keep total UT points the same. So try juggling around the different UT points for visible\invisible units.

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1112128098
Sam The Butcher

If you do want the no UT option to have the unit set you have. Then if there is a command that checks for no UT. You could MB have non-tradeable invisible units, to fill in the gaps from the visible units I have and yours. They could just appear if no UT was selected.
Phex

Post by Phex »

If you do want the no UT option to have the unit set you have. Then if there is a command that checks for no UT. You could MB have non-tradeable invisible units, to fill in the gaps from the visible units I have and yours. They could just appear if no UT was selected.

There is no such script option available. Or at least I have never heard of something similar and there is nothing about it in the manual.
Your compilation is good, but there are some differences that are not possible to solve without a delete-units-script: I.e. there are 6(8) archers on heroic instead of 7(8) or 3(8) guards on normal instead of 5(8) and similar minor changes. Like you said, without the no-ut-option this makes absolutely no difference, but it would be nice to have an no-ut option that forbids giants, mages etc. which would make the game completely different (without having to create another map).
Nevertheless, thank you for the help; I will pick up your idea since it just seems impossible to delete units before ut.
Sam The Butcher

I thought of a way to get the unit set you want with no UT on, using the unit set I used. You would use the invisible non tradeable units that fill the gaps in our different UTs. When the game starts (PT is over)you can have it check to see if all the original units are still on the map (no 1 traded any). If that is true then the non tradeable-invisible units appear, and the extra starting units you don't want dissapear. Using this and the other idea should get the results you want.

Edited By Sam The Butcher on 1112363508