Some Crazy Cannonball Craziness - WHAT THE HELL!

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've got this haxored (as one might call it) dwarf mortar fella in Freedom II, who's balls sometime go dud (go on, make a cheap ball joke).

Anyway (not unlike B&G) these balls have a high slashing metal damage, and bounce unpredictably at high speed down the battlefield.

I wanted to give these things a wider damage radius to make them deadlier. But when I did this, the stupid things just started bouncing vertically to about, I dunno, 50 or so metres high. Then they'd bounce again. That's when Cid stopped counting and I put the radius back to normal.

Is there anyway for me to do this?
Thanks in Advance,
one frustrated little Wallet.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

This is because of the "Damage to Velocity" setting. This field (I think it's part of the projectile tag) allows to you apply a certain portion of the overall damage to the physics of the projectile flight. It's partly because of this value that projectiles like body parts only fly a short distance when a dwarf cocktail goes off near them, but will in turn fly a very long ways when 10 wights all go off at the same time nearby.

So, if you want to increase the damage of the cannonball without affecting it's physics, try decreasing the "Damage to Velocity" value.
Mauglir
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

You can also try checking the 'Cannot be accelerated' checkbox on the main projectile tag screen.

Also, if the projectile is set-up to remain after detonation and has a velocity setting for it's detonation then this will affect objects as well.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Thanks! Will try these.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em