Some map making  ?'s. - ?'s about map making.

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

I have some questions about map making. Hopefully someone can help me with. I am on Pc (windows xp) It is 2 team multi map.
1. Is there a limit to amount of projectiles or scenery that can be used on a map? If yes what is it?
2. How can I make different scenery blow up. Ex "18 plant" I can't find anything about it in F&L Docs. Or in any tutorials I have found. I tried editing them in Fear, but couldn't get it to work.
3. I wanted to use the stakes the villagers are held captive in, in Salvation, but they show up on the map. How do I keep that from happening?
4. Is there and where can I find an extracter program for win. that will let me open a map in loathing and work with it again, after I have already made it a plugin?

Thanks for the help.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

1. Yes, there are limits to just about everything, and many limits are tied to other ones. A mesh will now support up to 1024 different types of projectiles (as long as you don't hit collection (32?), collection reference (96 or 128?), or object tag (128?) limits first. More relevant however, is that Myth will only display 1024 total projectiles at once, regardless of type, before running out, as you've undoubtably seen happen at one point or another.

You can have 96 different types of scenery (again as long as you don't run out of other tag types first). Myth supports up to 8192 different items on a mesh, including scenery, units and projectiles. In other words, you can fit a lot of scenery on a map, but again if they use projectiles or different types of collections, those limits have to be considered as well.

2. To make scenery that you can blow up, go to the scenery tag. Make sure the connected object tag isn't something indestructable. In Edit Projectile Groups, you set what the scenery creates when hit (ie. leaves falling off a tree) and what it turns into when destroyed. In Edit Sequences, you set what the scenery looks like normally, and what it looks like when destroyed, e.g. a stump.

3. You mean the stakes show up on the overhead? They will only be visable for the same team they're set to. Try making them team -1.

4. I use Topaz, which can be found here:

http://hl.udogs.net./files....ilities
Sam The Butcher

Post by Sam The Butcher »

Thanks Chris for the help.