Collection tag conflict problem. - :(

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I need some help! My problem is I have two collections in the same local with the same tag ID. Normally, when I want to change a tag ID, I just duplicate it in Fear. Never did this with a collection before, but I tried shift-starting Fear and duplicating the collection in the usual way, but no joy. Even though Core tags will recognize the new collection, monster and projectile tags won't, no matter how I go about it. How can I resolve the tag conflict without rebuilding the collection? If hexediting the tag ID is the answer, can someone recommend a good free one? I used to have one but can't seem to be able to find it.

Thanks.
lank

Post by lank »

use headedit?

not sure where to pick it up now, though. might be on udoghl or might be on cphl...
*toot*
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

I have a copy of Head Edit on my HD, but is should be on udhoghl somewhere (I think mcd made it when he was with Badlands).
Mauglir
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

It's cool Maug. It actually had to be fixed in Amber, but Gray took care of that for me and all is good. So we now have a pretty nifty unit for the sword/key guardian. :)