Myth ii plugin idea... - Team based gun play...

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Grayswandir

Post by Grayswandir »

I had this cool idea for a M2 plugin. It would have to use the new features of 1.5, you know the inventory stuff and things like that.

It would be more team oriented, although it could be played in FFA. The units would be military based or something like that. Although each side could get the same weapons. There would be CTF, Elimination, Infiltration (kinda like One Flag CTF, but one team defends while the other team tries to get the flag to a certain place), and Deathmatch, however, the only FFA possible gametypes would probably be Elimination and Deathmatch.

There would be custom maps, most of them set in buildings or in city/town areas, maybe in jungle areas as well.

Units:
All the units would look like your basic soldier, but each side would have different looking units. Like defending team would be in military garb while the assaulting team would wear ski masks and dark clothing.

I think I'm running out of characters I can type so I'll put in more in a reply.

Post by »

Almost forgot, I'd turn off auto target so you'd have to control click to attack, but I couldn't figure out how to get a unit to fire more than once...I was messing with WW2 to see if I could get it to work...no luck...
Maybe add in ducking and stuff too...
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.

Post by »

Oh crap, I forgot to post my previous reply....gar I'll do it later...
Vidmaster's Oath:
I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my ‘run’ key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive.

Post by »

Units:
Each unit would cost the same amount, but you can only have a certain amount of each type on a team.

Grunt:
AK-74 w/ bayonett - fires in 3 round burst. Reloads after 30 shots. high rate of fire, high damage, fairly accurate, long range, fairly short lag time between bursts. Can stab at melee range.
Pump Action Shotgun - single shot, short range, high firepower, wide spread, medium lag time between shots. reloads after 6 shots.
.45 Pistol - semiauto pistol, single shot, reloads after 7 shots. high damage, medium range, fairly accurate, short lagtime between shots.
Frag Grenade - The basic throw, count to 3 and boom!

Soldier:
M4 w/ Grenade Launcher - fires in 3 round burst, reloads after 30 shots. high rate of fire, medium damage, very accurate, long range, fairly short lagtime between shots. Can fire 1 shot grenade bullet at short range, reloads after every shot, carries 4 rounds, medium lagtime between shots.
Pump Action Shotgun - single shot, short range, high firepower, wide spread, medium lagtime between shots. reloads after 6 shots.
SOCOM pistol - single shot semiauto pistol. reloads after 12 rounds, medium damage, short lagtime between shots, fairly accurate

Sniper:
Sniper Rifle - Single shot, very high damage, very long range, long lag time between shots, reloads after 6 shots
Pump Action Shotgun - single shot, short range, high firepower, wide spread, medium lagtime between shots. reloads after 6 shots.
SOCOM pistol - single shot semiauto pistol. reloads after 12 rounds, medium damage, short lagtime between shots, fairly accurate

Scout:
Silence mp5 - burst fire, reloads after 30 rounds, low damage, very high rate of fire, very accurate, short lagtime between bursts, makes little sound.
Silenced SOCOM pistol - single shot semiauto pistol. reloads after 12 rounds, medium damage, short lagtime between shots, fairly accurate, makes little sound
Smoke grenades: makes large cloud of smoke

Support Unit:
M60: - automatic fire, reloads after 100 rounds, medium range, uber rate of fire, very inaccurate, very very long reload time
Incendary Grenades - FIRE!!! FIRE!!!

Walking speeds/health:
Obviously the Scout is the fastest but can take the least punishment
The Grunt and the Soldier can take an average amount of damage but the Grunt is a little faster because its not lugging around the grenade launcher attachment
The Sniper is a little faster than the Soldier but can't take much damage.
The Support Unit can take the most damage but walks about as fast as a dwarf.

Those are my ideas for the units right now.
Vidmaster's Oath:

Post by »

disabling the ability to auto-target would mean that the players would have to aim to hit their target. Which (in theory) would add an interesting style to the game and give the map a higher learning curve than "shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge, shoot..." etc...

My apologies for repeatedly posting here but I don't think I have the time, patience, or skillz to make this plugin. So, I wanted to get it out somewhere where someone with the skillz and patience might be able to use the idea is some shape or form.
Vidmaster's Oath:
Road

Post by Road »

Lol...got any new ideas at all?

Post by »

lol, yeah kinda like ww2 isn't it?
pfft...i was tired... :D
Vidmaster's Oath:
Road

Post by Road »

Actually it reminds me of CPR which Point and I are currently updating.
Personally I think a new pirate plugin would be sweet :D

Post by »

hey! That'd be cool! Unfortuantly, i can come up with ideas I just can't implement them :(
Vidmaster's Oath: