Project Magma on iPad

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Project Magma on iPad

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Kinda funny how vinylrake's attitude towards certain players is so parallel to someone else's personality that i know.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Krok, don't even start that crap here about VR being OM. It's not true and continuing to poke and prod VR that way will almost surely get you banned here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Didn't say anything about om. The extremes some of you people are going to to try to disprove me in every way are quite shocking. Funny how he degrades me in every single post he makes, tells me how I'm lying, not legitimate, and never has anything nice to say to anyone, yet I get slammed if I call him a newb.
dac

Post by dac »

vinylrake wrote:
dac wrote:written plenty, thanks.
"written plenty" but that's not what i said. write an _application_ so there's evidence you have some basic ability to do something other than edit other people's code(e.g. script kiddy).
oh how very right you are, clearly im the one who used editing other peoples code as a means of condescention.

its cool dude, im glad that you arent completely worthless in both of your jobs, of course that doesnt save any of us from the one where you demonstrate an obtuse lack of ability. what has me laughing is that you're so ashamed of something you dont want anybody to know you're the one doing it, to the point where you have admins on this board defending you from "accusations" of being exactly who you are.

i really dont know if i could care less about mything.org. i do however find it highly entertaining that you say why reinvent the wheel about cms yet still agree it would take 2+ years to code myth on the ipad, cuz they would have to reinvent the wheel there too i guess!

anyways thanks for the laughs. sorry for not being able to put up an app of my own, clearly ive never worked on anything ever and im speaking strictly out of my ass.
dac

Post by dac »

GodzFire wrote:Krok, don't even start that crap here about VR being OM. It's not true

prove it
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

hmmm... more than one person finds both you and dac annoying?

with such pleasant, winning personalities that IS really hard to believe.

obviously there must be some kind of conspiracy going on.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

dac wrote:sorry for not being able to put up an app of my own, clearly ive never worked on anything ever and im speaking strictly out of my ass.
i really didn't think you were that self aware, but thanks for the confirmation.
Last edited by vinylrake on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dac

Post by dac »

im proud to say ive never considered it bullying or accusatory when somebody has accused me of being dac. now its om's turn.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Lets keep all the childish name-calling and irrelevant discussions out of the thread please. Stay on topic.
dac wrote:yet still agree it would take 2+ years to code myth on the ipad, cuz they would have to reinvent the wheel there too i guess!
We've been over this... for *legal* reasons (not technical) we would be unable to utilize any existing code, assets or arguably knowledge learned by looking at the code (which disqualifies most of the magma devs from being involved) for any project without Take 2's approval.

If someone wants to make a "myth clone" with similar gameplay but no shared code, assets, etc. go right ahead! I doubt anyone thinks that's a small amount of work though.
dac

Post by dac »

i jumped in the thread when somebody (graydon maybe?) said since it took 3 coders 2+ years to design tfl, it would take 2+ years for the 3 magma coders to port it to ipad.

im not disagreeing about legalities.
dac

Post by dac »

and not using the base code might actually work to your advantage. you can still use behaviors, not the code itself, but you can make units do the same thing
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

dac wrote:
GodzFire wrote:Krok, don't even start that crap here about VR being OM. It's not true

prove it
Other than the people who got some conflict with Om, no one cares about Om's identity. Magma isn't involved in MariusNet matters and therefore would not know Om's identity (nor do they care). If you are warned about it here it is only because it is pointless and trollish even if Vr were to be Om. Godzfire has his beliefs just like you have yours, whether they are right or wrong is irrelevent.

People have made Myth plugins throughout the years without getting paid for it just like the devs have kept Myth updated without getting paid. A hobby is a hobby. There is entertainment from making things just as there is from playing games.
spongefile

Post by spongefile »

What's the status of this thing?

Can someone explain:

Does Take2 own the rights or not? Or do they just own some of the rights? Or do the plugins make the IPR fuzzy?

What's the difference between Project Magma having the permission to update Myth for new PC hardware, and having permission to update it to run on the iPad?

Is the problem simply a lack of a clear response from Take2, or an actual denial of permission?

I'm not trying to start/continue an argument, I just want to understand the situation.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

TakeTwo owns the rights to the game. According to Bungie's original EULA for using Fear and Loathing, it seems that any map or plugin that uses modified 'standard myth' units/physics/models/scenery/maps would also include some TakeTwo owned copyrighted material. (As soon as you edit a tag, that (TakeTwo copyrighted) tag becomes part of the map/plugin)