Fan novel: A Shade of Gray (completed)

Talk about anything here.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Re: Fan novel: A Shade of Gray (completed)

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Tireces wrote:Phelot: Shade of Gray, hehe I remember that plugin, played some early version around 2004 or so.... :)
Here is link to site promoting that unfinished project:
http://nono.com/phelot/top.html

A-Red, Ive just dled your novel, printed it, sat on coach and read first two chapters...
...and Ive completly forgotten that what I read is a fan-fiction and enjoyed myth story greatly... :D
Could someone post the preview-plugin on the Tain? I tried downloading it four times now from the above link, but it constantly stops at ~37 of the ~52 megs. Thanks.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Maybe a resumable downloading program might have been of use in such a situation. I downloaded it extracted that sit.hqx file and zipped the folder and included the PDF readme that is hosted on that site. I uploaded onto the udogs hotline.

This is not even in a plugin form. It is a local folder.
juliocpaes

Re: Fan novel: A Shade of Gray Level 1

Post by juliocpaes »

Hi.

I liked the irrigation system of plantation in the village. I suppose to have more difficulty getting around the Shade?
juliocpaes

Re: Fan novel: A Shade of Gray Level 1

Post by juliocpaes »

juliocpaes wrote:Hi.

I liked the irrigation system of plantation in the village. I suppose to have more difficulty getting around the Shade?
Yeah right ?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Uhhh, probably to irrigate the crops? The inconvenience for Phelot is a side effect.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Pyro wrote:Maybe a resumable downloading program might have been of use in such a situation. I downloaded it extracted that sit.hqx file and zipped the folder and included the PDF readme that is hosted on that site. I uploaded onto the udogs hotline.

This is not even in a plugin form. It is a local folder.
Pyro--thanks man, I appreciate it.
Horus

Post by Horus »

:Downloads:
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Finally got around to reading this. i felt the ending was a tad sudden. I actually thought I must have missed something and went back to make sure I didn't. I guess I was just looking for some hidden plot from the commander or Phelot. Overall I really enjoyed it. Definitely going to fire up Shiver tonight.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

(spoilers)

I know it's sort of an anticlimax (although there is a big battle at the end), but that's more or less the point. It's more about a near-dead empire struggling to find its way than it is about heroes fighting villains. It's a story about loose ends that leaves more loose ends. Oderic keeps expecting something to happen, just because the events of the recent past have been so huge and there must be *some* answer...but there's not, really. Watching Skull is terrified of the end of the war, because...well, what else is there besides the war? That's the big question. In the end, they're left with the same uncertainty they started with, and killing undead and Sith-lord Heron commanders isn't going to make it better. All they've got is the road ahead.
Last edited by A-Red on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'd edit that post, some kind of serious spoilers there for anyone who hasn't read anything yet.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Just finished it.

All I can say is now I need more Myth stories to read!!!! :mrgreen:

Edit: Though every-time it says "Thralls" I have to re-read and change it in my head to "Thrall" (in Myth Thrall is the plural as-well as the singular). I believe the reason they have it that way is to indicate more of a mass of the same, rather than a host of individuals.

" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

Almost the same with fir'Bolg (which has no capital in Myth on the f, just like bre'Unor). That one seems to be something native to their species (as all their names, places and words follow suit).

" ... on occasion an archer of promise is sent to the Ermine, the homeland of the fir'Bolg, to study his craft at one of the three war colleges: jo'Za-Thatal, wa'Ama-Tchal, or ai'Kijin-Tak."